Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2016

Thursday costcutter viaduct fishery

25 booked in for this match today on match and lodge lakes, so 12 on match and 13 on lodge, I fancied a draw on lodge to win on the day, both overall and the silver's winner should come from that lake, whereas the match lake would probably give the better days fishing.
Early into the draw tin and my.drawing arm is a bit suspect as I pulled out 48, although its a corner on the match lake , it isn't the best and one of only two on the lake today without an island Chuck, so all I could hope for today was a.days fishing, unless the fish turned up down the edge to my left.
The left hand margin did look nice as there was an overhanging Bush to fish up to, although it was only.about 12 inches deep by the tree I fancied it for a few, so I set up a .1g drennan as4 with 16 b960 on .16 for there with pellet the chosen bait.
My other lines were straight out at 14 mtrs shallow and deep for banded pellet and a meat.rig just to my right at 5mtrs.for.meat. company wise I had Dave romain on 47 .
At the start I began on the long line with banded pellet, Dave next door began on a small fodder cast tight (well sometimes) to the island, and he caught well straight away, it took me a while to begin getting some bites , but I kept plugging away, and adding odd fish to the net, as the match progressed it became apparent that this lake was proving difficult, it only seemed to be myself , Dave next door and Martin Rogers around the corner on 45 catching, normally on this lake at this time of year its normal to catch shallow but today that was a none starter, I only had one carp and a couple of Rudd on it , so that was another hook wasted, I had a few skimmers and f1,s on meat to my right , but after a bit of a burst there I never had another fish on meat, so most of the match was spent swapping between the long line and the left hand margin, I kept adding fish from both lines, by the end I had 29 carp/f1,s and double figures of silver's, I thought it may be close between Dave and me but Mark had a good finish so he looked favourite to be the lake winner, I was first to weigh as no one to my left troubled the scales, I was pleasantly surprised when my 29 carp type fish went 70.3 and my silver's went 15.3 which included a nice bright goldfish for a total weight of 85.6.

Our lake was won by Martin Rogers on 45 with 103.14, but as expected, lodge lake was the draw, Paul Blake on 71 came out on top with 136.13, catching short on meat
2nd Jim butcher on 68 with 132.4
3rd Paul Greenwood on 66 with 114.4
4th a Saunders on 69 with 111.7
5th Martin Rogers on 45 with 103.4
6th me with 85.6
Silver's
Mash on 60 with 49lb of skimmers on banded pellet

No comments:

Post a Comment