Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 June 2016

Thursday costcutter viaduct fishery

After another good breakfast at the junction cafe with travelling partner Jason Radford today, it was off to the fishery. There are 23 anglers down from Manchester staying in the lodges, I think most of them were going to fish today, but after a heavy night on the local brew , more than a few couldn't get up this morning, but there was still 36 fishing, so it was on Campbell, Cary and the diagonal bank of lodge, I was quite early into the dream tin hoping for a good peg on Campbell, but it was not to be as I pulled out 86 which is on the top bank of Cary, Clayton Hudson drew it at the weekend and only had one carp, so I wasn't to confident of doing well today. To make matters worse I had forgotten my rods, and I thought the wag may be worth a few fish, Mark poppleton came to my rescue and lent me one with a pellet wag already set up, so off I trundled to my peg, passing all the good peg on Campbell on the way,
Got the peg and set about getting ready,
A margin rig was done to fish to the Bush to my right as Chris Fox drew this a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of big fish down there, also the 6 mtr meat rig was put up, but not to much on those lines today as it was pants, I had a good hybrid down the edge and one small tench from the meat line, most of the action was from the 14 mtr line, and a bit from the wag.
By the end I had amassed two bream, one tench the hybrid and a roach, I did end up with 12 carp, three on the wag, three on the deck on the pole on pellet and six shallow on the pole , I lost a few foulers but that tends to be the norm on this lake as the fish a of a large average size (10lb), my silver's went 10.5 and the 12 carp went 115.13 for 126.2, which was top weight on lodge and Cary but 7 people beat me on Campbell, top on the day was Steve Shaw who is on a good run at the moment with 223.10 of bomb caught fish off peg 111
2nd was Mr consistent Dan white on 128 with 200.9
3rd Emma Drysdale on peg 110 with  189.5
4th Mike west on 123 with 157.14
5th Dan squire on 118 with 150.6
6th Glen Bailey on 127 with 146.8
Top silver's.went to Colin dyer on 129 with 35.7

No comments:

Post a Comment