Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 April 2016

Landsend open, lake 3

Only 13 of us today, so spread around lake 3 we had plenty of room. After one of di,s good breakfasts it was draw time, I let Stuart Barnett pull mine out, and that will be the last time as he handed me peg 50, I drew it a while ago and really struggled.for one carp and a few silver's, that today Dave "beany" Westcott gave me a severe battering off peg 51 fishing paste, today I had Ken rayner on that peg, my nearest angler to my right was Steve seager on 46, so plenty of room to my right, Steve wanted a quid bet and was obviously fairly confident, looking at the picture below.
Misty pictures, dirty lens sorry, at least it seems to have improved his looks.
After my last attempt on this swim, I decided to fish meat tight across to the island and down to my right by a small Bush in the water.
And banded pellet off the front of the island , wind permitting, which was not looking to promising , with 40mph gusts forecast,
At the start I cupped some meat across to the island and some down to the right to the Bush, fired some pellets to the island, then picked up the island meat rig, I had two indications in the first two drops , but missed them both, plippy roach or liners methinks, 15 minutes later I had a crucian, and that was the last of the action on that line. Over on the pellet line and that started better with a 4lb carp first drop , then 6oz roach, normal false dawn with that then, as nothing more for the rest of the match over there either, by now the wind was making far side fishing all but impossible, Ken rayner was trying hard as there is a part of the island which has collapsed into the lake and the carp seem to like to sit on top of it, problem was for Ken was that its 16mtrs and the wind was to strong , blowing his rig through, so he was losing plenty of foulers, which I was enjoying as his tourettes was going into overdrive, a look down the right on meat produced a nice 1 1/2 lb perch, which looked a bit worse for wear, probably due to it just having spawned, I could see other people catching, but couldn't buy a bite anywhere in my swim, Martin lenaghan over on 61 had begun to catch well in his margins, and further down to my right, Steve seager, Adrian Jeffery and Joe McMahon all seemed to be catching .
Just about halfway through and with no bites. I decided to see if I could snare a few silver's as no one seemed to getting any, so I pumped.some expander and soaked some micros which I fed at 8mtrs, out with an expander and I had a few skimmers and a couple more crucians. I tried again down the edge and the float buried and a near 10lb common was in the net, shame it fought like the devil and trollied my silver's line as I could hardly buy a bite after that, so most of the match was spent down the edge where I had 3 more carp, I was going to do no good again today then or so I thought . 1 st on the day was Martin Jonathan on 61 with 106.6
2nd Joe McMahon on 41 with 84.12
3rd stu Barnett on 70 with 59.14
4th Steve seager on 46 with 55.9
5th ken"first out of the money " rayner with 49.12
6th Martin Alexander on 62 with 40.13
And surprise surprise I won the silver's with a hard won 8.9
Next Sunday myself and Ken rayner are running one on match and number 3 next Sunday 9.30 draw so ring Ken on 07768325552 or ring or txt me on 07974807941

No comments:

Post a Comment