Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 April 2016

Landsend league, final round

Just a quick reminder for people fishing the viaduct spring league, Steve would like your money in by the end of next week, or at least conformation that you are fishing, there are 20 on the waiting list so don't leave it to late to get in touch.
Back to Landsend, and I needed to do well, a section win with a good weight was needed to stand any chance of framing in the overall money,
I was on lake three today , a good fair lake with lots of pegs where its possible to do well off.
Into the draw tin and out comes 58 which is an end peg on the far bank, rod wootten had top weight on the lake yesterday with 78lb off the peg fishing 14 mtrs to the right on banded pellet.
I got to the peg and set about getting ready, a rig for meat down the edge to the left by a tree in the water.
 And a nice long margin to my right , up towards some brambles where rod caught yesterday.

 And just to finish it off I had an end of an island to use aswell, not to many options then, I also seemed have tidied my act, my peg nearly looked good.


On the all in I began against the island on pellet and soon had a couple of carp in the net, then it went quiet, I was feeding with a catty so fish soon began slurping on the island , although I had a few during the match they were certainly cagey, I caught on most methods today, deep and shallow against the island, some down to my right by the brambles, towards the end the meat down the edge began to work , and this area gave me my biggest fish, a 10lb common, I managed to mug some aswell, but the meat down the middle was a non starter today, by the end I new I had over 100lb but by how much I wasn't sure but it looked as though i had enough for the section, I just needed a coupe of people above me to have a bit of a torrid. My fish actually went 141lb , enough for the section but not for the lake , that went to mark"the groaner" poppleton on 46 with 160lb.
Individuals on the day
Craig Edmunds on 25 with 185.10 on shallow pellet fished along the end bank
2nd Mark poppleton on 46 with 164.14
3rd me on 58 with 141.10
4th Paul elmes on 18 with 114.11
5th Adrian Jeffery on 20 with 111.6
6th Nick sewers on 13 with 109.7
Silver's Gary o,Shea on 31 with 43.8
League
Paul elmes 25pts
Craig Edmunds 24pts
Tony rixon 22 pts 430.12
Andy hembrow 22pts 396.7
Nick chedzoy 22pts 216.10
Silver's
Ken rayner 25 pts 96.4
Mat tomes 25 pts 70.7
A good league and well run by Ken rayner , so well done to him.
There is an open at the fishery in a fortnight so book in with me or Ken rayner  for that one

No comments:

Post a Comment