Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 March 2016

Viaduct Sunday open

After a passable breakfast in cannards it was off to the fishery, travelled down with mat tomes today and we certainly covered some topics on the way, some funny some sad , but entertaining.
Must say the landlord and chef in cannards leave a bit to be desired, the way they speak to there waitress,s is disgusting , he had one in tears this morning and its not the first time he has done it, just a big fat bully really and I,m not sure I will be giving him any more of my money.
Got to the fishery to find 14 fishing so Steve put 8 on the match lake and 6 on lodge, into the draw tin and out comes 49, a corner peg on the far side of the match lake, my closest angler was James guy on 51 and the other side was someone whose name I didn't get on 47.
Rigs today were a caster rig for 5mtrs, a .2 as5 for meat at 14 mtrs and the same float for down the edge at 14 mtrs, both meat rigs had an 18 middy 8313 hooks on .14, I also set up a wag to fish corn or meat to the island, at the start I cupped in some meat straight out at 14 mtrs.
And I cupped some down my very attractive margin.
I fired some meat as far as I could towards the island then started on the short caster line , I was soon catching small roach , and 25 mins in they showed signs of disappearing, so I picked up the wag rod, I really expected to catch on the corn ,but no bites on that , a switch to meat gave me two quick bites ,but I missed them, so with an hour gone and next to nothing in the net, I was reaching for the meat rig, straight out at 14 mtrs , fully expecting the float to bury with 6mm meat on the hook, but not a twitch, Steve seager on 52 was getting roach and a few better skimmers on his short caster line , and James guy had caught a couple of carp on the lead fished tight(ish) to the island, an hour and 45 in and I was going down my margin, not expecting to much, so was pleasantly surprised when the float buried and a nice fat f1 was duly netted, and the rest of the match went well with regular bites down the edge from f1,s and odd carp, the long pole line in front started producing towards the end of the match, but again it was mainly f1,s, James guy had gone for a bit of practice to ensure a medal in the doggy paddle at the Olympics, I think he may have left to soon as Steve seager was catching really well as the match progressed also on meat , mainly straight out on meat but he did get a few down his edge aswell, but he seemed to catching more proper carp, he had fish up to 12lb , which is a proper bonus fish in this lake.
It transpired that lodge lake had been really tough, and with Steve reckoning on nearly 100lb I thought he may win on the day as I thought I had 80ish, I must apologise for not having all the weights as I forgot to get a picture of the weigh sheet. Doh.
Steve wasn't to far out with his estimate as he had 98lb for first today, pic below with some of his fish,
I managed 2 nd with 93lb, I can only say it was one of the best days fishing I have had for months, I think third went to Gary o,Shea on 68 with 37lb  but he did have the top silver weight on the day with 33lb.
Next Saturday is the Paul Garrett memorial match being fished on Campbell Cary and lodge lakes, to book in ring the fishery to book in on 01458274022 to book in.
Next Sunday I am running an open on Landsend fishery on lake three with the option of an overflow onto the speci if I need it,
Ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in .

No comments:

Post a Comment