Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 February 2016

Viaduct winter league, rnd 3

A slight detour for brekkie today, with lillypool off the radar it was a stop off at last Landsend for one of di,s  nice offerings, and nice it was too,
Then a 30 minute drive to viaduct, my turn on spring lake today, and I had expressed a wish for peg 10 as Its been hot for silver's of late and its always a chance of a few carp as you have a tree on the end of the island to fish at.bugger me if I didnt go and pull it for myself, lol .I had Steve Tucker on my left on 11 and Nigel Morris on my right on 9, with team not doing to well it was primarily going to be a silver's attack, so 2 rigs , a .4g double bulk rig and a .3g as5 for a bit more finesse, yes like I really do finesse,
Also set up was a wag r of to fish mainly corn about 3/4 of the way towards the tree.
At the start I cupped in 4 balls of groundbait at 14 mtrs and 1 at 11 mtrs , then I began on corn on the wag, I gave that 30 mins with only a couple of missed bites which I put down to roach. So it was out with the double bulk rig, it sat there for about 30 second before lifting and staying up, nice, soon  had a pound plus skimmer heading for the net, but it pinged of just beyond the pan, I went back in and started catching small handsize skimmers, but no quality, Steve was also on the pole by now but all he could get was small roach, Chris Fox on15 and Chris Davis on 17 seemed to be getting better skimmers, and Jason Radford on 16 had a couple of carp when he managed to get his bread into the water and fairly close to the island.
My match never really got any better, I did get one good bream of about 3lb but  small roach were a problem, I had tried the wag and corn several times but no bites, at about 1,15 I put triple maggot on the hook and threw it a bit closer to the tree, I looked round to watch Chris Davis net another skimmer and had the rod pulled round in my hand, woohoo, carp on , but it turned out to be a small one, in fact it was an f1, but it was a big one all 4.11 of it, I tried  for another but to no avail, only a 4oz Rudd was my only other fish from there. The rest of my match was spent on the pole trying to catch skimmers which never seemed to  be there, for some reason they seemed to be along the back bank, they obviously fancied an away day, Steve on my left had a few slightly better skimmers and he got caught by an 11lb carp towards the end, he was looking elsewhere and had the elastic pulled from his pole, a proper bonus on a hard day. At the end I had my 4.11 f1 and 15.3 of silver's for 19.14, Steve had 26.11 and Nigel the other side had 17lb, he had a few better skimmers on meat on the tip.
1st on the day was Ivan oakey on 113 with 152.2, catching on the tip with meat at about 20mtrs
2nd Chris Jones on 114 with 145.3
3rd Marc Jones on 85 with 112.9
4th Mark Harper on 102 with 105.11
5th mash on 53 with 100.2
6th Steve seager on 115 with 97.9
Silver's
Chris Davis on 17 with 38.1
2nd Chris Fox on 15 with 29.13.
Don't forget the veals big sale starts next Saturday, doors open at 9am

No comments:

Post a Comment