Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Thursday acorn costcutter

Just a quick reminder, the veals big sale starts Saturday and runs all week, pop in for a bargain, we will also be shut from 1pm on Friday for sale preparation.
Back to today and after one of the coldest night's of the winter I made sure to put the ball and chain in the van, no not Judith , the ice breaker, and up wasn't wrong as the whole lake had a thick cat ice layer on top, with only 7 fishing pegging was always going to be hard, so Mike pit in 21/22/33/34/40 , all bridge pegs the 37 and 11, peg 40 was the preferred draw but it wasn't to be as peg11 came out, nice wind and Sun straight in the face then all day, I soon broke the ice to the far bank then down the left to the tree and the right to the empty peg 10,
2 rigs made one for in the deep water and another that would do for the far side and each margin at about three and a bit feet of water,

At the start I cupped in a few maggots on 2 lines down the middle, 2 lines across, and each margin, then before in could do anything the wind began to blow down the lake at me , sending the entire ice sheet from up the lake into my swim, my only option initially was the down the middle swims and across, but the shifting ice pack even made that awkward, it took till midday for the ice to melt fully by which time I was still wireless, and I was considering going home (never have yet lol), I went down to my left at last towards the tree, and I had a bite , woohoo, and f1 safely in the net, I had a right purple patch then as by 1.30 I'd had another f1 and a pasty mirror, flying , Mike Chapman came round for a chat from peg 37 and he was biteless
, the only people catching was sean Wilson on peg 40 and gorgeous George sumsion on 34, so I was miles behind, Mike didn't stay for long as it was to cold for him, I put some maggots down the middle to my right and went straight over it with the deep rig, and I had a perch, back in again and a proper carp of about 3lb, the last 90 mins were quite entertaining as I had a few more carp, some from the far bank and some from the 11 mtr line to the right, I ended the match with 27.14 which was miles off 1st as Mr Sean Wilson on 40 had 48.4 fishing maggot down by the bridge , and second was George with 29.8, also catching on maggot towards the bridge.
Off to huntstrete on Thursday on with pool so that should be interesting, then Sunday it the next round of the Landsend lge

No comments:

Post a Comment