Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 February 2016

Round 4, viaduct winter league

Must apologise no pictures today,  forgot to take any , 😁.
Went to Landsend again for brekkie on the way there , and very nice it was, for anyone interested I will be running a match on lake 3 with an overflow onto the speci lake on the 20th March, any one wanting in ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in ,or ring me in veals on 01179260790.
Back to the fishery and it was my turn on Campbell, so pegs 112/113/114/128 or 129 would be a good start as the main carp shoal has been stacked up in these swims for weeks now, so into the draw tin and I pull out sequence 5 , now that's a good start as it puts me on 114 which has been the swim up until a couple of matches ago when the shoal moved a bit to be in front of 112, a swim occupied by the ever mild mannered quietly spoken Mike Williams from across the sea (well Wales.to be precise).
The rest of my team was Tim Clark on 80 (shit) Ron hardiman on 74 ( can be shit) Clint wojtyla on 44 (ok for a few but not enough today) and Clayton Hudson on 6 (proper shit) so all in all a crappy draw except for yours truly lol , about time.
For company I had Chris Fox on 113 and Andy Crocker on 115, and with several more Welsh people in my immediate vicinity it was starting to sound like a Saturday night in Cardiff city centre, but at least we could talk about the rugby.
First rod out today was the lead rod 😩  to fish various hairrigged baits , a wag rod for corn or maggot and a pole rig for meat at 13 mtrs.
At the start I cupped in some meat on the pope line then picked up the wag rod , starting on triple maggot I soon fouled one which came off, I soon hooked another , which I'm convinced was mouth hook, but that came off halfway in, a couple more chucks saw me putting that down as the wind and trip were making difficult to get any sensible presentation. So out with the lead rod with double corn, liners were ridiculous, virtually constant, it was a case of sitting on your hands and waiting for a positive bite , and I had a few , by the end of 90 mins I was on 9 carp which was ahead of Chris who was on about 6 by now and Mike had his head in his hands with only 2 carp in his net, then as if by magic nearly all indications halted in my peg, no liners, nothing. Now Chris began to catch really well, on the lead then on the wag, with corn or maggot , the latter being the best option as the match went on, I tried the pope but I only had a 8oz  skimmer on that, so I kept trying the lead and wag , I could even let my trip right into Chris,s  swim and it still wouldn't go under, just over an hour from the end Mike on 112 stopped moaning(this boy can moan more than Mark poppleton) and began catching on meat on the pole at 16 mtrs, so with an hour to go I went on the pole with meat, it wasn't manic but I did get 3 more carp a bream and a decent tench, but Mike had caught really well in the last hour so I thought he had me beaten, Chris had us both beaten as he easily had over 100lb, Mike was admitting to 88lb while I reckoned I had 75lb, so it was looking like another round without a pickup as Chris would win the lake and Mike would take the mini section, when the scale got round to me Nigel Easton on 128 was top on the lake with 73.7, I thought I had that and I wast to far out with my estimation as I had 78.10, Chris was next to weigh and had 57.7 in his first net then getting his second net out he struggled a bit and it soon became apparent why as this net went 82lb, meaning he had gone over the 80lb limit meaning the net was disqualified, bad for him as its cost him the match and the lake win, so a coupe of hundred quid was lost, on the plus side it meant Mike won the lake and I got the section money, even though it felt like a bit of a hollow victory as I was beaten, but rules is rules, and fair play to Chris he seemed to take it quite well, mikey,s estimate of 88lb was very good as he weighed 88.1, fairplay good guess.
1st Ryan shipp, (you just can't get away from them) on 85 with I think 12 lead fought carp for 99.4
2nd mikey Williams on 112 with 88.1
3rd Gary o,Shea on 86 with 82.12
4th me on 114 with 78.10
5th Lewis walker on 51 with 76.12
6th nige Easton on 128 with 73.7
Silver's
Mark poppleton on 110 with 25.1 of mainly tench and skimmers fishing caster at 8mtrs
2nd Simon hebditch on 11 with 20.2
A hard day for most as the fish are tightly show led due to the water being very clear, back down there again next week for the final round, my turn on Cary , probably more lead slinging for the biggies which inhabit that lake , if the wind ain't to bad there may be a few to be had on the wag, we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment