Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 January 2016

Windmill Thursday silver's league

A full house of 20 turned up again for this popular series run by the legendary Ray bazeley, we were greeted by a bit of a frost which was bad enough to freeze the puddles on the way in to the lakes , but the lake was ice free, and with a bit more colour in than last time I thought it may fish a bit better. I was in D section for this round which is pegs 24 to 28, end peg 28 would have been nice , but I had to make do with 25, which was the section winning peg from the last round with 5lb.
For company I had Lee Waller on 26 and Mike laird on 24,
Only 2 rigs put up today, a 1g drennan as5 for 9 mtrs at 11 and 1o'clock angles , both groundbait lines , but micros in the feed to the left and casters to the left, a big fish rig but with it being 10ft deep and with a stiff breeze I felt it was right, to be honest a bigger rig wouldn't have made much difference, then I set up a .3g as5 for caster short down to my left about a mtr off a dead reed bed in 4 ft of water.
At the start I fed a bit positive, 3 balls with caster in to the right and 2 balls with micros to the left on the 9mtr lines then started on the short line, it started better than the last round as I was catching small roach immediately, with single caster on the hook.
That lasted about 45 minutes before it showed signs of slowing, but I had enjoyed a nice start with plenty of small roach , but only one net fish of about 6oz. So it was out onto the longer lines where the small roach were obliging along with tiny skimmers, which seemed to prefer the micro line , my match went quite well really as I was getting bites from small fish off both long lines, I managed a small tench over the caster line at 9mtrs and a crucian over the pellet line, in fact it was a bite a church, I also had a nice hybrid another tench and a crucian on the short line , but towards the end of the match carp became a problem on that line , and I landed a few up to 10lb, I wasn't to sure as to what I had by the end , but I was more than happy to plonk 14lb on the scales, which won the section and was top weight on the day.
2nd on the day went to Mike Nicholls on end peg 9 with 12.2 of roach
3rd Dave wride on peg 8 with 8.8, (all the 8,s)
4th Paul barnfield on 7 with 7lb
5th Steve Dawson on 4 with 6.15
6 Mike Jones on 3 with 6.2
I thought I may start a bit of a collection for Mike as he obviously fell on hard times and is struggling to afford a hair cut judging by the picture below,
Proper bad hair day that is LOL
Off to Landsend fishery next Thursday , so give me a ring or text me on 07974807941 if you want to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment