Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tuesday open, acorn fishery

There are normally at least a dozen fishing these matches , but pulling into the Carpark at 10 past 10, the only other person I could see was des shipp, although George sumsionwas sat inside the cafe, with draw time looming the only other person to show up was organiser for the day in the shape of Mike owens.
With only 4 of us we decided to have a rover, after chucking a tenner each into the pools it was time for a draw, I pulled 1 and decided to sit on 34 by the bridge , des pulled 2 and sat on 40, George was 3 and went to peg 11 leaving Mike with the last choice, so he went onto 37 which is his favourite swim after a cold night there was some ice breaking to be done in mine and Mike's swim, while the other 2 were ice free, it didn't take to long to clear a path to the bridge to my right and another channel at 11 o'clock angle to 11 mtrs. Only 2 rigs a .3 drennan as1 for the deep water and against the bridge, and a 4x10 for a bit further up the shelf at 11mtrs,
Peg 34 with the normal winter helper that every swim on every venue seems to get at this time of year.
Main bait today was maggots so after cupping a thimble full not the various lines, I dropped the rig onto the 9 mtr line at 11 o'clock angle, I looked around to see des already playing a carp, writing on the wall methinks. I think he was playing his third before I had my first bite, and a 3 pound carp was safely in the bag, but that was my lot til 12.15 when my swim came to life a bit, not a lot just a bit.
I had odd bites right to the end mainly from f1,s but it was enjoyable, ending up with 26lb.

Which was enough for second as des ended up with 36lb
Catching all his fish by the bridge on soft pellet over micros. Not to bad considering it was cold and about 80 percent of the lake had a lid on it.
It's forecast to get up to double figures at the weekend so I can put the breaker back in the shed.
Off to Landsend on Thursday for a knockup which should be ok, hopefully we will get more than 4 !!!

1 comment: