Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn

After last weeks 4 pegger I was hoping for a few more this week, yes we did get a FEW more, 3 to be precise, so we had a 7 pegger it was then. I don't think the gales and non stop heavy rain was going to encourage people to turn up.
Dave wride did the pegging and never put a bridge peg in, God knows what Mike Chapman was going to do. If I had to choose a swim I would have gone for 5, with the direction of the wind it would have been easy to turn your box around and fish with the wind at your bank, and with no one on the end bank it was always going to be the favourite, the small draw got underway and 5 came out early, stuck to the Palm of John "Turkey" Thompson, who was more than happy as he reckoned the angler on it at the weekend had rested it . I promise not to mention John baker was on it, Turkey's neighbour no less.
Turkey getting his kit ready, first first thing out was the feeder rod.
My peg for the day was peg 2, not upset really , although the far bank or any line past the middle wasn't going to happen due to the Gale that was blowing right to left.
Got the drennan acolyte carp pole out today as anything up to 14 mtrs is easy with this pole, only 2 took its came out, both with solid 8 elastic in, on one top I put on a .5g drennan AS5 float for 5 5mtrs in front and 9 mtrs to my left with the wind, and the other top had a .3g AS5, for the empty pallets each side, which I fully expected to catch by.
To begin with I fed all lines with a few micros and maggots, and began at 5mtrs, it took about 15 mins to hook a carp, and a three pound ghostie was soon in the net, trouble was the Turks had caught a couple of decent fish on the lead with bread.
The first half of my match wasn't to bad I probably had about 10 or 11 carp and f1 mix and a nice perch of about 1 1/2 lb, then for 90 minutes I could gat a bite anywhere, margins , 9 mtrs or the 5 mtr line , out of desperation I tried across battling the wind, but that was fruitless aswell, the float was ripping through to fast.
An hour from the end I went down the edge on single maggot , and bigger me if the float didn't go under, with a proper lump on the end I took my time and safely netted a 10lb plus common, bead handy, back in and another carp on, unfortunately fouled and it came off, then I had another fish from there about 15 mins from the end, I reckoned I had 40 lb but Turkey probably had 60 plus, as for anyone else I never had a clue as I had my hood up and apart from Turkey I couldn't see anyone else, luckily I just about had enough for second with 43lb as expected Turkey had 65lb and Dave wride had just under 42 on peg 31.
Well it did rain all day, my goretex bib and brace is now no longer waterproof, I may send it back to halkon hunt as I have only had it 3 years, it should last longer than that. How did we manage without Eva bags, all my bits and bait nice and dry, mosella do a nice size trolley bag which is more than big enough, and I also got a drennan one aswell which is a bit of a system one as its got three groundbait bowls inside , dead handy, neither of each is overly expensive, its just nice to have your kit nice and dry, as long as you remember to zip the top up LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment