Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 December 2015

Landsend individual league , round 1

didnt have my usual brekkie at lillypool today, as I've been off for a few days with problems at either end and cramps in the middle I decided scrambled eggs on toast would be the best option, just in case.
Travelled down with Jason Redford so at least I saved him a bit of money .
Thirty fishing the league this year, a few down on previous years and I can't understand why really as it's an interesting venue which produces bites in every peg, you just got to read quickly enough as to whether you go for the overall market or silvers on each lake , there are prizes on the day and overall , so plenty to go for. With only 10 on each lake there would be plenty of room, to much some days when the fish aren't interested as the fish seem to back off into the unoccupied pegs and I'm sure they return and have a proper munch up on the bait you have tried to tempt them with during the match.
Anyway into the draw tin and I hoped for a shortish walk as I was still a bit iffy after dodgy tum, no such luck, peg 51 comes out , towards the far end of lake three, not to upset as there was a section each side of the lake so I was in with 41 to 55, anglers to contend with were Nick ewers on 41, Adrian Jeffrey on 42, dale houses on 46 myself on 51 and Nick duckett on 55, so as you can see plenty of room.
With the weather being so warm I decided on a meat and pellet attack, so I set up a meat rig from r 9 mtrs, a down the edge pellet rig that would double up to fish shallow across the island where part of it has collapsed in, another pellet rig for tight to the island on the deck and a caster rig for some silvers close.
At the all in I began in the 9mtr meat line whilst feeding pellets to the island either side of the small bush which covered the collapsed bank section and some each side to the empty pegs, and some casters on the short line, I stayed on the meat line to long really, I fouled one in the tail early on , which came off sending my rig into the tree above my head, so another rig on and I soon had carp in net on meat , then I missed some iffy bites before I had a small skimmer, so 1 hour 20 I chucked the meat rig up the bank and tried the caster line , there were some obliging roach about but with odd carp being caught on 41 and 46 I decided to go for them, so I shipped out the island deep rig and fished to the right of the bush, I had a couple of smallish carp and skimmers on 6 mm pellet but it wasn't going to well, so a switch to the left of the bush in front of the landslip was much better and a good run of small carp, which was ok but it didn't last to long. A look down my right hand margin didn't produce so I swung round to the left and was rewarded with my biggest fish of the day in the shape of an 8lb common, looking down the lake at the hallway stage I thought i was winning the section, Adrian on 42 was still to catch a carp and Nick on 41 after an early burst had now dried, my deep island swim never kicked I and the last two hours were a bit difficult , I had a few fish off the landslip and two more in my right hand margin, but unfortunately Adrian started to catch some fish shallow on the end of his island , so by the end I thought he had just pipped me for the section, I lost a good fish 3 minutes from the end , it was lip hooked and just came off obviously badly hooked, I thought it may cost me , and it did as Adrian won the section with 50.15 to my 50.5, I new I should have caught a few more roach as Adrian had 9lb of silvers to my 2lb, bugger. The lakes didn't fish as well as most expected with the temps going up to 15c, I think it was probably one of he warmest days I had fished in December, stupidly mild !!!!!.
1st was Paul elmes on peg 7 with 94.12
2nd steve seager on 33 with 66.11
3rd Andy hembrow on 66 with 66.12
4th Craig Edmunds on 34 with 62.4
5th Jason Radford on 68 with 56.3
6th Gary oshea on 5 with 54.6
Top silvers went to Alan or am on peg 25 with 24.9 of roach perch and skimmers .
Thursday's match is at Avalon again 9 am draw , ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in or ring me in veals on Monday or Wednesday on 01179260790.



















No comments:

Post a Comment