Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 December 2015

Harescombe fishery

This was an open match organised by Steve Sewell, and with 17 fishing not to bad and about right on this lake as it means everyone gets an empty peg on one side at least. I travelled up with Ron hardiman and we arrived in plenty of time to enjoy one of Andy's breakfast which isn't to bad.
I got into the draw about halfway through, really wanting to draw one of the corners, 29 or 15 preferably, but it wasn't to be , out comes peg 10 which can be a good area as its in the Carpark and plenty of bait goes in on these pegs. At least I could park close enough to the peg not to worry about getting the trolley out.

I was tempted to reverse over my peg so as I could use the tailgate as cover as it was passing down and it didn't look to be stopping any time soon. I was still expecting the hard pellet to be the way to go again, so I set a 4x14 rig for 5mtrs and a rig for over to the island and the same rig would do for down the edge.
For company I had Alan Healy on 9 and t welsby on 12.
I started on the close pellet line , fully expecting to catch straight away , but it took 10 mins to get my first fish, a decent f1, and by the end of the first hour I was on 3 , and it wasn't going to plan at all, in fact the whole match didn't pan out as I expected , bites were at a real premium, Chris szakacs over on 22 caught smallish f1,s most of the match and I could see Sean Clayton up on 29 whose peg got better towards the end of the match, and looked to have won easily by the end, and he did with 35.4 of caster caught f1,s and small carp.
2nd was Chris szakacs on 22 with 26.8
3rd Keith Meredith on peg 24 with 26.4
4rd Lee Waller on 16 with 24.5
5th rod Wooten on 3 with 23.5
6th adie(creepy)crawley on 18 with 23lb
Low weights by this fisheries normal standards, but it was fair, I did manage a few more f1,s from various parts of my peg, but only ended up with 17.1 for nothing today, it was exactly the same as my travelling partner for the day..
Andy is running a silver's match on field lake on New year's eve, so if anyone fancies it ring Andy on 07896959071 and book in


No comments:

Post a Comment