Total Pageviews

Monday 2 November 2015

Over 50,s slivers match , sedges bridgwater

as I wasn't working today and having plenty of casters and groundbait left from Sunday , I felt it would be rude not to fish again today, so it was off to the sedges, and once I got there and discovered we would be fishing the canal, there was a good chance I would have most of the groundbait and caster left after the event as the canal can be hard ,and as the water had gone a bit clearer it looked odds on that today wasn't going to be any different. There was 14 of us fishing today and the talk at the draw was that you really needs to be on 62/63/64/41/42/43 which is at the deeper end of the lake, I nearly got it right and pulled out ball 60 , means nothing to me as I have never fished this lake before, the last silvers match on here was won with 5lb, so no one was expecting to much today.
For company I had hls,s finest in the shape of Bolton George on 59, who was not going to moan about his peg as there was nothing in it to moan about as he drew it last time and caught very little.
The other side n 61 was Bridgwater Pete, further along on 63 was bridgwaters oldest import rich Coles , who was the favourite to take the honours,
Only two rigs today, both PCs pencils, a .4g for in the deep water and a .25 for down the edge and across and slightly up the island shelf,
At the start I cupped I a ball at 5 Mtrs , and two balls at 11 Mtrs at 11 and one o'clock angles ,and a soft one on the island shelf, and started feeding caster down the edge. I started at 5 Mtrs , and did have a bite first drop but missed it , then nothing , so ten minutes in I put a caster on instead of the starter maggot, and a nice 1lb crucial was my reward, a good start on a hard day, but apart from one small roach that was the only fish I had from that line, also several tries down the edge during the match fail to give me even a bite, most of my action came from the 2 11 Mtr lines and later the island slope area, I had odd skimmers , and I mean odd as it was impossible to string more than one fish at a time from each line. By the end I thought I may have 6lb but George reckoned I had more, and he was right as I actually weighed 8.5 which was enough to win today with rich Coles coming a close second with 8.1
3rd john barker on 41 with 6.6
4th Bob on 64 with 5.8
5th Mike on 62 with 5.6
6th George on 59 with 4.9
It was a difficult day but weirdly I really enjoyed the struggle, off to harescombe next Sunday and I still got a couple of spaces left




No comments:

Post a Comment