Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 October 2015

Viaduct silvers league round 2

anyone interested I am running a landsend match next Sunday 9am draw as the clocks go back, ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in .
Back to today and after the silvers final yesterday it was going to be a tough call as to which peg or areas might be good today, into the draw tin and out comes 99, 😊. Gabe skarba drew it yesterday and had 32lb for second , so hopefully the skimmers would still be in the vicinity, for company I had bristols finest auto electrician on 100 and kev Newman on 97, I wasn't going to change to much on what I did yesterday , so 2 rigs made up , both .25g pencils , one with a small double bulk and the other with the shot a bit more spread, bait wise all I had my table were some casters a small handful of dead reds and some groundbait , which was my normal veals gimps gold mixed with an equal amount of sensas lake, at the start I put in one small ball at 4 mtrs , 2 at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14 mtrs, all with a few casters in. I started on the close line on caster feeding a few by hand, I dropped off the first three roach I hooked possibly due to there minuscule size, then I had a few but 45 mins in and the inside not really happening I was soon dropping a caster n the hook into the 11 mtrs line, but that was not to much better with small roach being a nuisance, so out to 14 mtrs and at was where I spent the rest of the match, catching small hand size skimmers to begin with, plus carp were being a proper pain in the ass, by the end of the match I reckoned I had lost 18 and landed one , also smashing a topkit in the process, how is .10 hook lengths don't break , and the top set. Breaks instead, but I was pulling quite hard !!!!!.
I did start to catch the odd better skimmer in the last half of the match, and the swim was getting stronger the closer to the end of the match we got, I probably put 12 lb in the net in the last 30 mins, I didn't want the match to finish, but it did and after a quick look I thought I had 25 lb ish, and it looked as though that was going to be enough to win the section which is what you need in this series, when the scales arrived my net went 27.13 which was well good enough for the section, in fact it was good enough to for third on the day, the lakes fished a lot harder than the previous day , and the bait going in the day before certainly triggered the carp into having a munch as most people had no end of problems, Andy power reckons he lost 28 and lots of people were into double figures of lost carp.    1st on the day went to don Sutherland on peg 124 with 33.14 on maggot over groundbait at 14 mtrs
2nd andy power n 103 with 28.12
3rd me with 27.13
4th Craig Edmunds on 69 with 24.04
5th Nick chedzoy on 112 with 23.02
6th mark leahy on 125 with 20.14









No comments:

Post a Comment