Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 October 2015

Harescombe thursday costcutter

Back up the m5 again to fish this nice little fishery, there was a much better turnout with 16 fishing, so after the not to bad a breakfast it was into the draw bag , out comes 22 , which doesn't really mean to much to me as I think it's a fairly fair venue with no peg that you would expect to win, even the much hyped 29 by the landslide only rarely seems to win ,for company I had terry girdlestone on 23 and today's travelling partner Jason Radford on 20. I only bought pellets to fish with today, so it was 4,s to feed and a 6 for in the band, so three rigs , a shallow one , a deep one for down the middle and another to fish on the deck against the island ,and also it would do for down th edge .
Terry called the all in and I started down the middle on the deck , it seems the norm that the lake can be a bit of a slow starter, and today seemed no different with very few fish being caught, 30 mins in and I was still fishless, but I wasn't to worried as I could see some fish on the far bank obviously feeding on the pellets I was firing over, so 30 mins in and I was going across with the shallow rig, never to try the deep down the track rig again , I was soon catching steadily on a banded 6 mm hard pellet , and the biggest part of my match was spent over by the island fishing 8 to 12 inches deep, getting plenty of bites and putting enough fish in the net to be doing ok as far as I could see, I had been feeding some 4,s down my left hand margin where the marginal spiky grass had been cleared , and I did have a few from there towards the end of the match, by the end I thought I may have just approaching 100lb but terry thought I would have closer to 130, but I new I never had anything approaching that weight, terry was the first person to trouble the scales and plonked 47.9 in the pan,
I was next and wasn't to far out with my estimate as I had 96.9 which was enough to take first spot .
2 nd was Mike Nichols on peg 12 with 67.12
3rd glen Bailey in 14 with 56.15
4th stuart barnett on peg 3 with 48.9
5th terry girdlestone on 21 with 47.9
6 th rich heatley on 11 with 41.5.
For those who are interested the viaduct silvers final is being fished on the Saturday 17th of October , for those that have qualified can you please let steve know asap as to whether you are fishing, phone him at the fishery on 01458274022 to confirm
Off to viaduct for a match on lodge lake Sunday , then next Thursday its another costcutter at Avalon, so to book in txt me on 07974807941 or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in








No comments:

Post a Comment