Total Pageviews

Friday 30 October 2015

Avalon Thursday costcutter

a better turn out today with 15 fishing, I hope it continues as its a good fair venue and generally impossible to predict where the winner will come from, perhaps that what some people don't like , who knows, or is it that you very rarely need over a hundred pounds to win, and some anglers gauge a venues quality by how many ton plus weights come out on the day, which is ok , but a lower weight affair and closer weights is becoming more attractive to many anglers now.
Back to today and I fancied another days silvers fishing , so unless I drew one of the corners where I would have fished solely for carp, skimmers it was then, I waited till nearly the end to draw , I went in when there was only two discs left in the bag , I pulled 16 which I fancied, last peg left in the bag for gabe skarba who was running a bit late, and he ended up with 17.
I got the peg drilled some gimps and sensas lake ground bait into life and started rig making, last match vic bush won the silver fishing hard pellet , 6,s over 4,s so I set up a PC .4g slim with a 18 b960 on .14 to fish at 14 Mtrs, and two .7g pc pencils, one for worm. With. 16 middy 6313 on .10 and the other with an 18 6313 on .10 to fish maggot or small pieces of worm. Gabe had arrived by now and was well impressed with the venue as like he said it looks like a proper lake.
And with ziggy slowing kid up on 19 there was some friendly banter going, even if it was a tad difficult to understand at times , lol.
At the start I cupped in three balls at 6 Mtrs, 4 at 11 Mtrs and put some 4,s at 14.
Starting on maggot at 6 Mtrs I soon had a couple of small roach , so a switch to the worm rig was called for , first drop resulted in a 1lb skimmer, but that was my lot on that line for a while , gabe had just started by now, his first fish was a skimmer just over the pound Mark, shame he put it back on the wrong side of his nets top ring, I never laughed though !!!.
Then it went a bit quiet, but I wasn't to worried as it can be a bit of a slow burner here for the skimmers with the last half of the match seeming to be the best time, halfway through and both myself and gabe had some skimmers , with gabe probably just edging it at this stage , then it all went wrong for me, I think I may have overcooked it with the worms , whereas gabe with his groundbait and pellet approach steadily pulled ahead, also I could see Mike Jones on 13 also thrashing out some roach on his short line( he can't see well enough to fish long) plus I saw him net a couple of better fish, my long pellet line only produced a couple of hand size skimmers, I did get a few more better skimmers on maggot and mainly over the 11 Mtrs line, but gabe kept putting skimmers in the net , so by the end I new I was well beaten, as I new gabe had at least 35lb and I wasn't sure I had 20. I packed up quickly as we finished at 4.15 and with it being cloudy the light would be quick to go.
1st on the day was fishery owner vic bush on 21 with 72.14. Catching 50/50 on the feeder cast to the island and the rest on the pole on various baits, maggots , worms and pellets.
2nd Adrian Jeffrey on 20 with 60.8
3rd Mike west 47lb on peg 3
4th terry Bruton on peg 7 with 41.12
5th gabe skarba with his all skimmer catch of 37.1
6th Ray white on 11 with 32.8
Silvers
Gabe 37.1
Mike Jones 22.14 peg 13
Me 22.4, definite chip shop sausage today, battered all round then.
Off to viaduct Sunday round three of the silvers league , just a reminder it's a 9am draw not 9.30 as the clocks have gone back.







No comments:

Post a Comment