Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 October 2015

Avalon Thursday costcutter

Only going to be a short blog this one as only 8 of us turned up, so it's not enough to be called even a sweep, realistically I would like at least 10 or more to make it worthwhile, so I am doing another in a fortnight and if I don't get enough on that one I may not bother any more, I can't understand it really as its one of the fairest venues at the moment with the silvers and the overall being won off different pegs each time, the skimmers are spread out all over the lake probably due the uniformity in depth and features, and the carp are also spread fairly evenly with winning weights coming from all over the place,
So today I drew peg 36 and ended up with 27.10 of skimmers on worm over groundbait at 6 and 11 mtrs and six small carp on corn at 14 mtrs for 19.8 giving me a 47.2 total, no good in silver or overall,
First on the day went to the Aussie Taff , stuart barnett on 48 with 84.12, catching on pellet at 16 mtrs along the end bank
2nd and somehow Jason Radford on peg 42 came in with 80.12 of paste fish
3rd vic bush on peg 32 with 63.13 which included the top skimmer net of 39.7, all his fish falling to hard pellet
4th me with 47.12
5th Ray white on 30 with 39.4
As I said I will run another in a fortnight and hopefully get into double figures in attendance, it will be a 9am draw as the evenings are drawing in, this weekend it's a double header at viaduct with that'll winners silver final on Saturday and round 2 of the silvers league on Sunday, hopefully it will fish ok but the weather has cooled down and we are having some nasty easterly winds at the mo and it ain't going to change till the end of next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment