Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 September 2015

Thursday costcutter, harescombe

back to Gloucester today to harescombe fishery , I still can't believe it shaken me this long to to start fishing it as its a really nice fishery , with plenty of bites, also the onsite cafe isn't  to bad. I travelled up with Mike Nichols again and I find it strange that more people don't fish it , only 10 today and half of those were from Bristol, plenty of room for us all today then , into the draw bag and out comes peg 9, it doesn't mean to much to me as apart from the end pegs they are all the same , 13 mtrs ish wide, 5 foot in the middle and 2 foot against the boards on the island, only three rigs today , a shallow rig , one for down the track at about five mtrs on the deck, and another to fish against the boards and down the margin, bait today was 4 mm hard pellets to feed and 6,s for in the band.
Either side was stuart Barnett to my left and Gloucester old boy terry  girdlestone to my right, terry started the match with his patented duck caller , I went in at 5 mtrs expecting bites straight away but nothing happened, stuart also was struggling , but terry starting on the method flew out to the blocks , catching immediately , as was Adrian Clark next to him again, by the end of the first hour I had 3 f1,s and a couple of skimmers, stuart didn't have much more but terry and Adrian probably already had 15  f1,s I had been feeding 4,s to the island from the start , so went over with the shallow rig and never really did much else but fish shallow against the island catching steadily till the end and to be honest the peg was getting stronger towards the end, but I thought I was going to be a few fish behind from the bad start I had , the only plus was at I had caught quite a few 2 to 3lb proper carp so that may even things up a bit, I thought Adrian Clark two my right was going to win , and he did with 122.12, catching probably 90lb on the pellet feeder, and he rest on the pole towards the end
2nd was me with117lb
3rd stuart graham ( good to see him after a bit of a lay off) 100.14
4th Mike Nicholls 99.10
5th stuart barnett 97.4
6th terry girdlestone 91.4
No complaints with those weights when you consider its lots of f1,s and if you get a fish of three pounds it's a bonus, so I will be back there again in two weeks for lots more bites, hopefully a few more will turn up.
This Sunday I originally booked a match for landsend on lake three but I already had Avalon booked , somavalon it is then , if anyone fancies it ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in or ring me at veals on 01179260790 to book in












No comments:

Post a Comment