Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 September 2015

Harescombe Thursday costcutter

Back not deepest Gloucestershire again for my second visit to this nice fishery, after a decent brekkie in the on site cafe it was time to draw , into the bag hoping for 24 or 29 as they seem to be the form pegs, either side of the landslip, out comes 29 lovely , drove round and parked right behind my peg leaving me three steps from the back of my van. Four rigs today a caster rig for down the edge but apart from feeding the lakes small roach population it was never going to work so no more on that one then, a pellet rig for on the deck at 4 mtrs, a shallow rig for over the same line and it would do for shallow up the edge and an on the deck rig up the margin by a marginal weed bed, starting at 4 Mrs on the deck while firing some 4,s along the margin I soon had a couple of f1,s in the net and two skimmers and a small barbel, then after a few liners I was reaching for the shallow rig which resulted in some more f1,s but by the end of the first hour it wasn't really happening as I expected it to, so I went along the margin with the same rig and to cut a long story short I spent the rest of the match fishing shallow along the edge between 8 and 11 Mtrs , getting plenty of bites and indications , just firing 4,s in and fishing a banded 6 and occasional 4 for the rest of the match, by the end I had enjoyed a nice day but as for how I had done I never had a clue as the fish being small I was having trouble estimating what I had , I reckoned on 100lb but I may have been miles out, the scales started on the far side and Mike Nichols was winning with 130lb ish then terry girdlestone weighed 112 and I wasn't sure I had that but I new I never had 130, but after I weighed the adding up came to 117 so second was ok and it was a good day, I,m not sure of the full result as I forgot to take a picture of the weigh sheet, but Mike Nichols will have it on his blog, it's a really nice fishery with everyone having plenty of bites , so I will be back there again in a fortnight ,but next week on Thursday its back to Avalon , but there will still be no floating or buoyant baits allowed including bread and all artifials and definitely no floating feed baits.

No comments:

Post a Comment