Total Pageviews

Friday 28 August 2015

Harescombe fishery near glos

first time visit to this fishery with one of the best views about , you can see clear across to the malverns and on a good day from the top top lake you can see the black hills , now that's a good view.
I travelled up with Mike Nichols and we arrived in plenty of time to to sample the on site brekkie , which to be fair was not to bad, I don't know to much about the lake as far as fliers go but it seems the pegs closest to the cafe where the banks slipped in seem to be the best , so  we fancied those two swims , 29 and 30 with the former being first choice, we were nearly last to draw , Mike drew 30 and fellow Bristol traveller Ray cooper pulled 29, me I had 17 disc in my hand which was at the other end of the lake, but I did have an empty peg each side , not to convinced this was good or just a reflection on the swim, but after a quick chat with terry girdlestone, who is a regular at the fishery, and I haven't seen for probably over twenty years, he had fished an 80 peg match at Evesham the day before and won his section with one chub for 1 1/2 lb and the match was only won with 4lb so that was hard then.
Back to today and it's really an f1 venue with a few proper carp thrown in for good measure as well as some barbel , chub and skimmers, but to do well it's case of targeting the "carp" variants, rigs today were a margin rig , a depth rig for 5 meters , a depth rig for over against the island and a shallow rig to use on both lines, most of the locals were using the jigga rig to fish up in the water, not a rig I have tried or seen used so today would be interesting, at the start I began on the deck at 5 mtrs, first drop a skimmer then an f1, followed by a few more variants, the match flew by really as with f1 fishing you are always busy , swapping between lines , depths etc,  I seemed to be doing ok at my end of the lake but Andy t on end peg closest to the land slip on my bank (24) was catching steadily on the jiggy rig, also I could just about see Mike up on 30 with his elastic out , also venue ace terry girdlestone on 6 was getting the pellet feeder to work well, I was getting bites on all lines apart from the margin where I had one bite and one f1, by the end I reckoned on over 50lb but by how much I had no idea, all I new was that I had had an enjoyable day with my biggest fish being about 2lb so plenty of bites, I only fished hard pellet , feeding 4,s and fishing various sizes over the top, as usual I can't stop myself feeding to much which makes catching these canny little fish sometimes difficult, and today was no exception lol.
First in the day was Andy t who is the fishery laccy with 109.10 of mainly f1,s on the jigga
2nd terry girdlestone on peg 6 with 86.5 of feeder snared fish
3rd Mike Nichols on 30 with 69.9
4th me with 67.10
5th Ray cooper on 30 with 61.11
6th s brown with 43.7 on peg 12 ish
It's a nice venue and I will be back but not for a couple of weeks though.
This weekend I have the last round of the float only league at viaduct on Campbell and Cary , I do have a few spaces to fill so ring me on 07974807941 or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book a space.
Monday its the annual Gary wall memorial match at lands end fishery near cheddar to book in again you can contact me on the above numbers or ring Mike at the fishery on 07977545882 to book a place











No comments:

Post a Comment