Total Pageviews

Monday 3 August 2015

Float only league , penultimate round

Off to the sedges for this one and with 40 fishing(well 39 as someone forgot!!!!!). So both big lakes being used , tile and brick, I don't normally mind where I draw on these lakes but a corner would be nice, I nearly got my wish , I let kev molten draw for me and he handed me 12, one off the corner , that was going to be occupied by a Liverpudlian escapee in the shape of mike walker. On the other side I was in for a quite day (not ) as Clint wojtyla was my other neighbour , After watching a fine display of float levering on Thursday I set up a depth wag, but in this league it's a 12 inch max over depth and nothing more than one no8 shot to be on the bottom. Other rigs were a margin meat rig , no bites on that , a depth meat rig for 6 mtrs , never tried as there was a total lack of bubbles there , then it was two pellet rigs for 14 mtrs , one deep and one shallow.
At the start I fed all lines and began on the wag at 25 mtrs, I had a bite first chuck and lost a fouler , that was the only action at that distance, Clint managed a few on the proper shallow wag , but the fish on this lake can some days be very wise to this tactic, whereas on tile lake with its islands the fish seem happier to feed with the refuge afforded by the islands.
The rest of my match was spent at 14 mtrs both shallow and deep, getting odd fish with the shallow rig being the most successful , I tried not to look to my right to much as mike was catching steadily on banded pellet down his end bank margin so that was the section and probably the match sorted for him, so damage limitation was called for with a section second just about needed to keep me in the hunt for league overall monies , it was a case of just plugging away on the long line picking off odd fish , towards the end it all went a bit pear shaped where I couldn't get a bite shallow and all I could connect with on the deck were foulers, I did get one right on the whistle shallow to end on 17 carp , one tench and two skimmers for somewhere just over 100lb, but as expected I was mile behind mike, but I thought I had beaten Clint aswell as vic bush and Leon Hubbard in the section ,
1st as expected went to mike walker who said after the match he had 190lb on the clicker and fair play or him he weighed 187.4, with all his fish bar one on the wag early came for his end bank swim.
2nd opposite mike on 10 was nick chedzoy with 146.11
3rd and behind nick on peg 31 on tile lake was Gary oshea with 133.1
4th Chris Davis on 34 with 119.11
5th t rixon  114.9 peg 12
6th Tim ford on 40 with 88.3
Silvers
Vic bush on 14 with 33.5 of skimmers on his favoured chopped worm and caster with a bit of groundbait
2nd in silvers went to the old warrior mike nicholls on 19 with 30.6 catching skimmers late on.
Matches this week are Avalon on Thursday , it's an any method match but with a blanket ban on all floating and buoyant baits real or artificial including bread.
Sunday it's off to chilton trinity for the last round of the short pole series, I do have at least 2 spaces for that one , then I am running one at landsend on the 16 so to book in for any of these give me a ring or txt on 07974807941 to book in of ring me at veals on 01179260790, apart from Thursday when I,m not in the shop.
A special mention for Clayton Hudson who today won his section making it his first pickup in 12 months, good to see you got your mojo back, but I must say you are probably the worst drawer in have ever seen.














No comments:

Post a Comment