Total Pageviews

Friday 21 August 2015

Avalon Thursday costcutter

A better turnout today with 16 fishing , including fishery boss mr bush as he had managed to blah Martin heard into doing his deliveries, we were all on the right hand bank , 23 to 48, it doesn't seem to matter to much on this venue as the winners always come from different areas and pegs so you very rarely see to much moaning after the draw. Ray cooper drew for me and handed me peg 40 which is the first peg on the second island, a good carp peg for the pellet wag and lead also the long pole and paste can be good, but not for me that one , I had decided on a slightly easier day and thought a silvers day was in order, so I set up a .6g wire stem Corby bodied float with a 16 middy 6313 hook on .12 yuki line to fish at 4 and 11 meters with worm over ground bait with some chopped worm and caster in the mix, but I couldn't resist a long pole line at 16 meters for hard pellet over loose fed 6,s, so a shallow and deep rig for out there aswell, I was in a line with 4 other anglers all targeting silvers in the shape of Nigel Bartlett on 39, john fuidge on 38 and Vic on 37 , so it was a bit of a hard area to be in, luckily myself and Vic had an empty peg next to us ,which I thought and eventually may of made a difference by the end, at the start I put one ball at 4 meters and 2 at 11 and a big cup of 6,s at 16 mtrs , the long pellet line fizzed up almost immediate ,but I largely left that alone , I did get one good skimmer from there and lost a couple of carp but most of the day was spent on the two shorter lines fishing fairly large pieces of dendra, but it was a bit of a waiting game for a proper bite, although there seemed to be plenty of fish which were happy to sit off the deck , but. Were not easy to tempt even fishing small pieces of worm or maggot or caster, small roach and perch were. Getting to it first , so back on the deck with the bigger pieces of worm and waiting, most of the bites were good lift bites with the fishing holding the bait off the bottom , so the double bulk was working well, by the end I new I had beaten Nigel due to the fact he kept letting his skimmers off the hook, also john had strugglers to nail any quality skimmers down, Vic next to him was my biggest threat , he had caught well so it may have been close between us, overall it fished well throughout with no one running away with it , first on the day went to Craig edmunds apprentice in the shape of Paul Elmer's on peg 44 with 109.10 mainly on paste at 14 mtrs but he did get a few on the pellet wag aswell
2nd was mike west on 29 with 99.4
3rd glen bailey on 30 with 97.5
4th Alan roam on 32 with 88.4
5th ray cooper on 24 with 84.14
6th Vic bush on 37 with 84.13
Silvers
Me with 39.8 of quality skimmers mainly
And Vic had 32.12










No comments:

Post a Comment