Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 July 2015

Sunday open , ivy house lakes

Back to try and beat my demons after last weeks debacle, 3lb 8oz for 39th out of 40, it was never going to be as bad again. I went up with Chris fox this week, and after one of Karens finest large brekkie  sat the fishery it was draw time, into the tin and out comes a ball with peg 10 on it , it's along the right hand side next to the new causeway onto the island ,opposite I had Clayton Hudson on peg 11 which Chris Davis won last weeks match on with 317lb, hopefully some carp would still be in the area, I had a quick word with andy as I fancied fishing for the skimmers today , and he told me he wasn't to sure as to how good the peg would be as no one had seriously attacked the bream here ,but I had gone armed with worm , caster and groundbait , so I assembled a .6g rig to fish at 11 mtrs with worm over groundbait and caster with some chopped worm in. I set up a pellet rig to fish near the mud on the causeway, two rigs for 14 mtrs at 11 and 2 o'clock angles, I left some extra line on the shallow water pellet rig so as I could use it down the left hand margin, where I was going to feed and fish 8mm hard pellet.
At the start I cupped in 3 big balls of g bait loaded with worm and caster and fed my pellet lines with cupped pellet on the two 14 mtr lines and by catty along the mud on the causeway, and plopped a few 8,s down to my left by hand, I went out over the groundbait with half a worm on and was soon netting a good skimmer/bream, and what followed was a really enjoyable day , catching big skimmers on worm or double caster , occasionally topping up with a good size ball of groundbait, the carp lines never kicked in at all except for the margin line where I hooked two in the last hour, getting broken by the first when it went through some underwater snag at my feet , but I landed the second one , a welcome 12 lb fish , but after that it seemed the dreaded peckers were knocking the pellet about, Clayton opposite struggled till near the end when a few carp moved into his end bank swim but it was always going to be to little to late, the other side of the spit was occupied by Clint wojtyla who had been picking the odd carp off from his side of the causeway, I reckoned he had done enough to win , but my estimate of 60lb of skimmers was abit off as my nets actually went 81.2 of skimmers and the lone carp was12.12 for a 93.14 total and first in both overall and silvers and being able to win both on these matches kg made for a double bubble pickup
2nd was Clint on peg 37 with 89lb
3rd dick on 15 with 81.7
4th Shaun Townsend on 14 with 77.9
5th Chris fox on 1 with 66.2
6th nick gale on12 with 63.14,
The lakes certainly seem to have more than there fair share of quality skimmers plus plenty of carp so it seems to be a case of take your pick and fish for whatever takes you fancy, and it's a venue where it's impossible to predict where the winner is going to come from, always a bonus, plus the brekkies is really good and the after match cakes and coffee is always gratefully received.
Next match this Thursday is a float only affair down at the sedges on brick lake , it's already 50 percent booked so don't leave it to long to book in if you want to fish so if you wan to book in ring me or txt me on 07974807941 or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in











1 comment: