Total Pageviews

Monday 20 July 2015

Float only , rnd 4 , ivy house lakes

Well first of all I got to say , good or BAD, you got to right about about , even if it ain't going to be much . The day started well with one of Karens finest breakfasts, then I let Tim ford draw for and he didn't disappoint , giving me peg 2 just outside the cafe , a nice short awl fan peg with plenty of options , a nice margin and good long pole line, so after Tuesday,s costcutter when I caught well enough on pellet long , shallow and deep and some fish on paste over groundbait down the edge, so today's attack was based around the same methods, nothing could go wrong , could it !!!!. As expected it started fairly slowly with only odd carp and skimmers putting in an appearance, dick bull on the end bank on 20 had a couple of early carp, as did Chris Davis on 11 , but apart from those two most were struggling, I had my first fish at 11.30, (30 mins in), a 2lb skimmer fairly hooked in the Gil plate , and from there on , possibly my worst ever days fishing ensued, I had to wait till 4.30 to land another fish and that was a slightly smaller skimmer, I did lose 5 fouled carp along the way, but I couldn't buy a bite , no fizzing or any signs , I did hook a carp with 30 seconds to go and it seemed fairly hooked as it was coming in nicely but dropped off halfway in , no one laughed MUCH, by this stage all I could do was chuckle, at least I saw some fish as I did the weigh in with andy Lloyd.
I admitted to having 3 1/2 lb and I was spot on with my estimate, perhaps I should have switched to catching silvers as there seems to at least 20lb available in many of the swims on this lake. But I was after a section win to keep the momentum going in this league , well that never went to plan did it lol. Overall today it was a close match apart from the winner in the shape of Chris Davis on peg 11 who caught from start to finish ending with 317.11, catching on pellet against the mud on the new causeway bank.
2nd bela bakos n 39 with 81.14
3rd dick bull on 20 with 67,11
4th steve tucker on the canal peg 10 with 61.4 which included the top silvers weight with 45.12 of skimmers, nice to see as the canal had been fishing hard of late .
5th Craig Edmunds on 4 with 55.14, and winning the section means he is now on top of the league, just can't keep him down at the moment
6th andy Lloyd on 5 with 53.13
2 nd in the silvers went to 63 year old lean Hubbard on 17 with 40.1 of skimmers,
With two matches left in the series I obviously can't afford another blow out, but fishing a a funny game so lots can happen in two matches.
Next Sunday I,m off to ivy again to try and change things round a bit, but would I do much different , I don't think so, perhaps I should have fed a skimmer line , but I will never know, also I should have fed my way in carefully but I was a bit to positive , but that's just me , never have been a careful feeder in the summer,










No comments:

Post a Comment