Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 July 2015

Float only league round 3

Back to landsend for this one again , and a full house again of 40 anglers, I had to get a reserve at 8.15 this morning due to a sicknote , so FairPlay to niel mercer for fishing at such short notice, I had a few reserves in today but luckily the stay aways sorted there own cover out ,
I let kev molten draw for me as he knows how to do flyers , he drew 33 for himself , how does he do it !!!!! And then pulled my peg which opened up showed 38 , close to the peg of death, 39 but a different kettle of fish altogether, getting to the swim the sun was out and so were some sunbathing carp, about 20 to be precise, so the stalking rig was put together, also a pellet rig for against the island , a meat rig for 6 mtrs and a margin meat rig, the car bank looked as though it was going to hard to fish as the plants had really grown making it all but impossible to get tight in , I could just manage it providing I had no more than 6 inches of line between the float and pole tip, but as there was no wind it wasn't an issue, but still a bit touch and go at 15 mtrs.
At the start I fed all lines including firing 6,s towards the island and then picked up the stalker, 30 mins in and two carp in the net the fish disappeared off the surface never to return, I tried the depth rig over by the island but only fouled a couple, also the two meat lines , down the edge and at 5 mtrs were none starters , the only place I could get bites was by swinging the stalker rig under the branches on the island , I caught steadily till the end and I even managed to catch on a shortened down  rig meaning I could lift and drop to a fashion under the branches , by the end I had 31 carp and a few silvers and was admitting to 180lb, but with kev molten on 33 having caught well and dan white on 13 was rumoured to have emptied it nothing was definite till the scales did there business, my estimate of 180lb was close for me as I actually weighed 186.4 which was enough for first on the day , but kev wasn't to far behind coming second with 175.11 and dan was third with 163.12
4th was the consistent Craig Edmunds on peg 3 with 117.14
5 th steve Seager  with 111.5
6 th mike walker with 102.12
Silvers
Andy hembrow on 34 with 27.13 of mainly skimmers on meat
Off to Avalon on Thursday this week so if anyone fancies it ring or text me on 07974807941 to book in









No comments:

Post a Comment