Total Pageviews

Friday 24 July 2015

Avalon Thursday costcutter

Nothing to much to report about again on this one again , only 12 of us turned up today so we were only on the one bank, pegs 1 to 23, heather bush drew for me and handed me peg 3 , the same peg as last time I was on this bank, for company I had mike west on peg 1 and terry Orr on 5. With this not being the best carp peg on offer today you would have thought I would have learned by now and I would probably have better been targeting the bream and skimmers , but no out comes the carp rigs, pellet wag as that was the most productive last time I was here, deep and shallow pole for for pellet at 14 mtrs and a paste rig, to cut a long story shortish, I couldn't get any where to work properly and when I did get a carp it was a squeaker, I only had a bream on the paste and only a handful on the wag, I ended up with 12 small carp for 32lb and a few bream for 13lb for a total of 45lb and the only money I had was the three quid side bet with Tim Clark.
1st on the day went to rob dowden on peg 20 with 161.11 on popped up bread
2nd Adrian jeffery on 16 with 99.13
3rd terry Orr on 5 with 67.4
4th Gary flinders on 13 with 66.6
5th steve Seager on 22 with 48.13
6th ray white on 11 with 45.13
Silvers
John fuidge with 35.10 of skimmers at 6 mtrs on a variety of baits on peg 7
Back to this popped up bread business, my jury is out on this one at the mo as I don't see how you can possibly see if the bait is on the surface or just under it, also missed bites result in bread floating around in the peg encouraging fish onto the surface, also there is a bit of an issue with some makes of pellets being a bit buoyant, as I witnessed in this match, when you get fish slurping off the top in only one peg you got to wonder , but the angler in question did stop feeding them when I pointed it out to him, my next match at Avalon may well be a float only or I,m toying with the idea of having a short pole match as there did seem to be plenty of fish on the inside line .
Next Thursday I,m running a float only match at the sedges on brick lake , it's a bit of a practice for the following Sundays float only league on brick and tile, so ring or txt me on 07974807941 or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in












1 comment:

  1. I thought you were not allowed floating baits. If so popped up bread isn't allowed because it FLOATS therefore banned

    ReplyDelete