Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 June 2015

Viaduct spring league , round 4

This is the penultimate round for this 55 peg popular series, I didn't really mind where I drew as long as I avoided lodge as it's been fishing very hard, so I wasn't to upset when I pulled out 124 on cambell, I was still in the k/o and drawn against dave romain ,who drew peg 55 on lodge, not at all a good draw , I didn't laugh to much, honest.
For company I had job jones on 123 and steve Seager on 125, several rigs today , a wag rig , tried but failed with, no more on that then , a short meat rig, again tried and failed during the match so no of that either, a shallow stalker rig and a pellet rig for 14 mtrs on the deck. At the start I cupped in some 6mm hard pellets at 14 mtrs and fed all lines aswell, but with a few fish on the surface I began with the stalker, with an 8mm pellet, I had one  straight away , a good start. And that was my match set really, I did have a few on the deck but most of my fish either came stalking or shallow at 14 mtrs . It was a hard match as due to the light and reflection spotting fish was very difficult , I ended the match with 19 carp and a couple of skimmers, I expected them to go at least 120lb , but was suprised for the 19 fish to go 141.9 and my few silvers went 3.5 for a 144.14 total and second in the section, our section was won by Giles cochrane on 117 with 190.15, virtually guaranteeing a series win with one match to go, his biggest threat for the series s from Craig Edmunds  who won today with 208.7, but Giles has a massive weight advantage,
2 nd today was steve tucker on 112 with 201.8
3rd Marc illingworth on 132 with 197.11
4 th Giles cochrane on 117 with 190.15
5th a Weston on 94 with 177.8
6th dick bull on 96 with 165lb
Considering the fish were having a go at spawning gather lakes fish well, except for lodge lake. Which seems to be in the doldrums a bit, but only in matches , pleasure anglers seem to catching plenty.
I,m running a match at Avalon again on Thursday , so if any one fancies it please ring me at veals on 01179260790 or ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in , it will be a 9.30 draw ,








No comments:

Post a Comment