Total Pageviews

Friday 26 June 2015

Thursday costcutter, viaduct match lake

I was meant to be going to Avalon today but it was already booked by the Weston club so it was off to viaduct again but only on the match lake so with only 14 pegs available it soon filled.
Into the draw tin and out comes 52, the corner pampas grass peg, lots of options , a long left hand margin , the corner of the island to fish the wag to and obviously the long pole , oh yes and a short one for meat . For company I had dan squire on 51 and the always smiling Tom mangnall around the corner on 39, so after setting up all things for various lines it was start time , as is normal on this lake it pays to start shallow on hard pellet for the f1,s and carp , but nothing really happened, this is going to turn into one my really short blogs ,as my peg never started for me , dan was picking up odd fish on the pole , a switch to the wag also was no good for me but again dan was catching , this was were the schoolboy error occurred, I normally watch and see if there are any reasons as to why someone is catching next door on seemingly similar pegs, but I must have been from the heat as I never noticed him feeding hardly anything , but not me ,no, I over cooked my swim very quickly with to much feed and with the fish not feeding to well that was my day done and dusted, I ended up with 19lb and a bit more of a tan and dan fished a nice tidy match to win with90.14
2nd was dan white on 47 with 53.13
3rd mike west on 47 with 53.10
4th Leon Hubbard on 48 with 45.9, also it was Leon's birthday today so happy 53rd matey
5th dave cockayne on 43 with 44.13
6th terry leney on 45 with 43.10
Off to tunnel barn farm this weekend for a north versus south match to raise funds for the ladies and disabled international teams, f1 fishing (groan) must try and keep my hand out of the pellet box lol.
Next match at Avalon is definitely on the 9th July as it's booked , so apologies to those without a match yesterday, hopefully see you on the 9th






No comments:

Post a Comment