Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 June 2015

Thursday costcutter , Avalon

After the normal tasty brekkie at lillypool, it was off to the fishery, numbers up slightly today with 13 fishing, we had a couple of viaduct escapees in the shape of dan white and Romanian dave (romain).
I let birthday boy mike west draw for me and he gave me 26 which is one of my least favourite draw on the lake, then I drew for mike and pulled 24 for him which is the end corner peg and all round flyer, well it is his birthday and it's not every day you reach 70 is it !!!!!!!.
The other side of me was dave romain on 28 which has a small gap in the island in front of it , rigs today were the pellet wag and two pole rigs. One for 14 mtrs on the deck and a margin rig , nice and simple .
At the start I cupped in some 6,s at 14 mtrs , fired some 8,s towards the island which was hard as the stiff breeze was coming off my right shoulder making feeding awkward, sometimes it fell short and other times it ended up on the grass, and with it being a good 45mtr throw getting it all to work correctly was always going to be difficult, I started on the pole , but with no fizzing it was always going to be hard, in fact by the end of the first hour I had one carp , a roach and a skimmer, by now dave had 4 or 5 carp on the wag , but mike the other side was losing plenty in some under water branches, going into the second hour I ditched the pole and spent the rest of the match on the pellet wag, both me and dave were suffering missed bite syndrome, mainly due the distance we were fishing and the wind putting a big bow in the line and the float trapping through much to fast, I did try a bigger float to try and bring a bit of stability to the set up but the wind was just to strong, dave did try the lead but apart from a couple of late fish on it , it wasn't any good , the carp seemed to want to be shallow, at the end I had 17 carp and dave had 20 or 21 so he would probably just have the edge over me m my accidental silvers in the shape of some big hybrids may help , but it didn't prove to be the case , as my nets went 79.8 which was about 10lb more than I thought I had, but I needed 2 more fish to beat dave. As his fish went 87.2. Looking back it was a mistake to start on the pole as Dave's , early fish were the difference, but neither of won as dan white on 48 did the business with 105.2 , catching mainly shallow along the end bank, with fish to 15 lb.
Top silver weight the re born angler , Gary cross on 40 with 36.10 on worm and caster fished at 4 mtrs, 2 nd in silvers went to bath tackle shop owner and all round nice man dave bacon with 28.10.
Next weds mike nicholls is running a short pole match on cambell lake at viaduct , I think there may be a couple of spaces , so if anyone is. Interested ring or txt mike on 07436015587 to book in.






No comments:

Post a Comment