Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 June 2015

Float only league round 2

Down to landsend for this one , one of my favourite venues this one , with 40 fishing I had 15 on match and speci lake and 15 on lake 3, johns water, I think steve Seager drew for me and handed me peg 18, which is on the far side of the match lake , on the left hand side of the central gap in the island, for company I had Clint wojtyla on my right on 19 and Pete nurse n 16 to my left , so a bit of banter was guaranteed. The sun was out while tackling up so a stalker rig was assembled, also a meat rig for 5 mtrs , a rig to fish banded pellet over by the Island , and another rig to fish pellet down my left hand margin.
At the start I went with the stalker rig and managed 5 carp in the first hour , which was ok as far as I could see. But with the sun disappearing behind clouds the shallow fishing was never going to last, so going into the second hour ,I switched to the island swim , first off  I went in on the shallow rig and had a couple of carp but it was proving difficult, by now Martin lenaghan on24 and ken Rayner on 21 had begun to catch, the middle part of the match was very hard for me , I had a couple of carp but suffered foulers ,  I had to wait until the fifth hour to start catching again , when firstly I had 5 decent carp on the 5 mtr meat line in 20 minutes and began to catch some down my margin on banded 8 mm pellet over loose fed 6,s so from being behind ken and Martin and about the same as Clint , I pulled ahead of them in the last two hours , ending up with 25 carp for an estimated 120lb , which was going to be good enough for a section win, which was my main aim for the day , also I had drawn Shaun Townsend in the k/o and he was on peg 70 on lake three, and it fully expected him to catch over 100lb , which he did , he weighed 105lb , luckily my net saw me weigh 123.15 which won the section and was second on the day, I was beaten by steve tucker on peg 1 with 125.9, steve caught on meat down to his right by an overhanging tree and straight out at 6 mtrs.
3rd place went to Clint wojtyla next to me on 19 with 105.9
4th Shaun Townsend on 70 with 105lb
5th Craig Edmunds on 51 with 102.15
6th Gary oshea on 5 with 99.6
Silvers
Gordon canning on 31 with 22.12 , of skimmers and f1,s
Tim ford on 27 with 16.2
The lakes didn't fish to well , I think the fish are struggling as there are still a lot of fish with spawn in them, most of our other local venues seem to be fishing hard aswell, we need some warm weather to the spawning over and done with , hopefully this week is going to warm up nicely midweek so it may get done and dusted.








4 comments: