Total Pageviews

Monday 1 June 2015

Float only league round 1

As normal the first round was at viaduct fishery on cambell and Cary, I had another senior moment with this one and had 41 fishing today when it should have been only 40, next rounds will. Be back to 40 though lol.
Back to today and I decided to let my twin draw for me in the (ample) shape of andy Neale, and he handed me 114 after pulling himself 111, that boy can draw, for company I had Alan oram on 115 and joint league organiser steve Evans on 112, so I had the added bonus of an empty peg on 113 and I new steve wouldn't be going down there as he likes his silver fishing,
Rigs today were all pole rigs , no wag as the wind was blowing really hard from the left and into our bank making presentation impossible , so 11 mtrs pellet rig for on the deck , a couple of. Margin rigs one for one a topkit range as mike nicholls had caught at this range a few weeks ago, a pellet rig for down to the pallet on 113 and a slapping rig just in case. And the normal meat rig at 5 mtrs
On the all in I started on the 11 mtr line with 8mm in the band and feeding 8,s on all the pellet lines and of course meat at 5 mtrs, the first hour was ok with 4 carp in the net and a handfull of decent skimmers but with the wind increasing even 11 mtrs in front was nigh on impossible to control, so that was binned , and the rest of the match was spent down the left hand margin ,and meat line, the topkit only line only produced two fish, but the 14 mtr line down to 113 was the most productive , presentation was hard but it was worth the effort, as bite came regularly, I did switch to an 11 mtr pellet on the deck as it seemed to anchor the rig a bit better, I also had some slapping down by the pallet but due to the wind it was hard , also being so shallow down there, about 18inches , the fish didn't seem to want to stay shallow, so I would get a couple shallow , then I needed to go on the bottom, and if it went quiet I went on the meat line for a fish or two, I ended up with 30 carp , I reckoned my carp nets would go about 150lb plus my accidental skimmers, I normally put 9 fish in a net on this lake but I had a few smaller ones today so I had 10 in each net, I thought rich Lacey on 135 had done enough today as he seemed to be catching all day, also the ever consistent Shaun Townsend on 125 had caught well, the scales started on the far side of our lake and when they reached me Shaun was top with 161.12. I thought it was going to be close, my nets went 176.9 to put me in the lead, after a few more anglers it was rich Lacey's turn , luckily his nets went 172.14 so I had won our lake, only Cary to weigh and after that was done trig Edmunds on 96 was top weight on there with 175.15, luckily he missed his net with. 2lb skimmer(schoolboy error).  So top 6
T Rixon 176.9
Craig Edmunds 175.15
Rich Lacey 172.14 and his first ton up weight
Shaun Townsend 161.12
Tim ford 135.7
Gary oshea 122.12
Silvers
Glen Calvert 38.12
Kev molten 34.10











No comments:

Post a Comment