Total Pageviews

Monday 25 May 2015

Viaduct spring league , round 3

Looking forward to this one as it's a bit of a practice for the first round of the float only league which is on cambell and Cary next Sunday (only 2 spaces left ), I was quite early in the draw queue and I really wanted to avoid lodge lake, partly as it isn't being used next week and secondly it is fishing hard, plus having trig Edmunds in the k/o I needed a good draw, trig was outside signalling that I was going to draw 55 on lodge which is definitely a peg to avoid if a big weight was needed, it's a good section peg but not a match winner, so not the tin and out comes 80, yay, next to the spit on Cary, I think Gary o,Shea was second off it the day before , catching mainly on pellet at 16 mtrs along the spit, I waited to see where trig drew , and lo and behold he found himself on 55 , oh how I laughed , but I still didn't totally discount him as fish have fins and do move about.
At the peg I found myself between two good anglers in the shape of the welsh legend lee wherrett on 81 and silvers to carp wannabe Paul faires on 78.
Simple approach today , two pole rigs , one for along the spit for banded 8mm pellet and a meat rig for off to the right at about 8mtr, but apart from a fouler that was my lot on that one, the other piece of equipment was a wag to fish on the deck off the end of the spit, I was going to fish an 11mm pellet over 8,s out there, I started the match on the wag and was rewarded with a 12lb fish first put in, so I was expecting a good match but an hour later and no more fish I was starting to worry, especially as I had seen trig have a few carp and skimmers on lodge, I had a look along the spit, and had a smaller carp from there , but there didn't appear to be many fish in residence, so I went back on the wag , so into the third hour the swim began to come to life , with plenty of indications and odd fish gracing the net, with the average size being over ten pounds on this lake it isn't really a fish race , it's just a case of being steady, and landing as many as you can, but foulers on the wag are always a problem, plus with the fish trying to get round the end of the spit you have to pull really hard , so it's a case of 6lb proper old score mono main line and a,20 hook length to a strong 14 hook (b960). The last two hours were my best , I had a few on the pole but most on the wag, but most on the wag, I ended up with 19 carp which included the lakes biggest common to date , which dave romain caught on the last match

and it went 26lb , but it had lost a few ounces as it went 25.12 which is my biggest uk fish , plus I will own up and say I did it the hard way as it was fouled in the wing, it did make my arm ache though. The lake seemed to have fished well with glen two pots bailey on 102 having a similar weight to me , but Giles cochrane was admitting to 38 carp on peg 86, at least it was a shorter chuck to reach the shoal this match for him. Yet again the fishery produced the goods with 31 weights over 100lb with 4 over 200lb.
Top on the day was Giles on 86 with 280.10 for I think 3 wins in three matches, he seems to have it Sussex at the mo so FairPlay to him, he fishes the lead but really knows how to work his peg on that method
2nd Sam (think) don't know his surname as I can't read his writing on 119 with 218.3
3rd glen bailey on 102 with 211.10
4th me with 210.4 (19 carp 1 tench and 1 skimmer)
5th Shaun Townsend on 111 with 191.11
6th ian exhall on 118 with 176.3
As fot the k/o, as predicted I was going to own trig and after he drew 55 the writing was on the wall as he ended up with 99lb , which was enough to give him a section win giving him three wins in three matches , the same as Giles , so they are both on the max points but Giles has a massive weight advantage, with two matches to go I need two section wins to stand any chance of getting in the main frame overall, but with the high standard of anglers it is always going to be a tall ask, good draws needed then please















No comments:

Post a Comment