Total Pageviews

Monday 11 May 2015

Viaduct spring league rnd 2

After a good breakfast in shipham and a good laugh with a few of the psv boys, including Darren North who must be feeling his age as he managed to dribble breakfast down his chin quite well, and it's never going to be a quiet with steve o,toole in attendance,
Off to the fishery and into the draw tin, out comes 90, the top right hand corner on Cary, good peg with a nice westerly wind blowing into it, shame today it was a southerly, so flat calm, not to promising. For company I was next to Martin (Mohamed) Preston and opposite Giles (the valleys) cochrane . This league is a weight only affair with no emphasis on silvers so it was an all out carp attack, so meat at 5 mtrs pellet at 14 mtrs on a couple of lines and two pellet rigs for against the left hand bank one for on the deck and the other shallow for any slurpers which may show themselves. Also a pellet wag was assembled to go further along the bank, I,ve had this peg before in similar conditions  and always managed some fish against the end bank on the pole, but to cut to the chase any close line on the pole was a waste of time , all I could get were odd skimmers, I couldn't even get any fizzing over the long pole lines, so I don't think there were to many carp back in this bay, elsewhere  Martin on my right was getting a few on the lead as was Giles opposite, both of which were fishing out more into the main body of the lake, I did manage ten carp by the end but had all of them on the wag cast along the bank, but it was no good in fact my 85lb was last but one in the section, the only person I had the better of was Gary o,Shea on 87 who only had 5 carp, Martin to my right had 144lb and Giles had 216 opposite. Overall it fished really well with I think 32 people catching over 100lb which includes 4 over 200lb, I can't think of another venue anywhere in the country which produces weights like this,
1st on the day went to rob Giles on 66 with 221.7
2nd was des (bunghole) shipp standing in for bob gullick on 78 with 219.11
3rd Craig Edmunds on 98 with 217.5
4th Giles cochrane on 94 with 216.11
5th Shaun Townsend on 112 with 195.4
6th dan white on 115 with 189lb
Only possibly 3 fish separating the top 6, incredible really, the full results can be found on the viaduct fishery Facebook page,
Off to Avalon again on Thursday so give me a ring on 07974807941 to book in or txt me , it's a 9.30 draw at the fishery. Also I have a couple of spaces for the short pole match at chilton trinity next Sunday , again ring or txt me on the above number









No comments:

Post a Comment