Total Pageviews

Friday 15 May 2015

Thursday Avalon match

Mike jones and me have tried to run opens here on the alternate Thursdays to the huntstrete coffin dodgers matches, a bit disappointing today on the turnout as only 9 turned up, a few cancelled probably due to the crappy weather forecast, possibly 25 mm of the wet stuff. Back to the draw and heather bush drew for me and gave me 37 which is halfway up the second island on the right hand bank, to the right of the reedy gap. Not to much to set up, I made a .4g rig for 13 mtrs for banded 6mm over 4,s which worked well for the skimmers last time , also a same size rig to fish down to the empty pallet to my right (36) for 8mm pellet, but not to much to say about that as I only tried it briefly and all I had was a small jolly green corn tin hooked in the rim, apart from a brief start on the pole at 13 mtrs most of the match was spent on the pellet wag , missing plenty of bites , losing some hook lengths in the weedy gap cos these fish are considerably quicker than me but also landing enough to keep me going on it, by the end I thought I had just short of 100lb , it was going to be close with Adrian jeffery on 40 who had caught a few on the wag but had the most on the tip on hair rigged pellet cast to the corner of the island , vic turned up to do the weigh and it did turn out to be a close affair for the top three with Adrian just edging it with 93.5.
Glen bailey was a few scales short of him with 93.1 off peg 27 but he did have the top silvers weight of  29.9 in that , just edging out rich Coles on 42 with with 29.3 . Glen had all his fish on paste as did rich
3rd was me just behind glen with 92.1.
We are running another here. In two weeks time again so if you want to come along get in touch with mike jones during the week in veals on 01179260790 to book in or phone or text me on 07974807941 to book in.
On the tackle front I have been using the new Mosella keepnets not for a few weeks and I must say they are very good with proper angle fittings , strong metal rings and netting, so if you are looking to replace any nets give the Mosella ones a proper look.
Back to veals and we now carry a selection of the new sensas poles for people to look at , to be fair they are very good with brilliant spares packages, they seem well balanced and strong , so again they definitately deserve a look as the represent good value for money, and we have a pole alley where it's possible to wave 16 mtrs about, also we carry the maver range plus some daiwa poles which need no introduction.








No comments:

Post a Comment