Total Pageviews

Monday 18 May 2015

Round 2 short pole series, chilton trinity

I had to replace a couple of anglers today as they were up at wembley watching rovers gain promotion back into the football league , even if was the hard way having to come back from a goal down and to finally win on penalties, so well done to them UTG.
Back to today and after a cup f tea from the ever expanding misha it was draw time , as I had the mighty (lol) Ron hardiman in the k/o I let him draw for me , hmm peg 18 not a swim of choice, it can be a cruel one in an any method match , but being limited to 6 mtrs it was always going to be a challenge, at least I had chris fox next to me on 17 for entertainment , and on 19 was the quiet man , Gordon canning,
Rigs today were for the margins each side which were hard to plumb up as the margin was going down into 3 foot of water and sloping away immediately with no flat spot, a meat rig for 3 mtrs in 8 ft of water and a deep and shallow rigs for pellet at 6 mtrs.
At the start I began at 6 mtrs on pellet but it soon became apparent that this top bank was going to be as hard as ever, no fizzing and no bites, sat on this top bank gives you a grandstand view of every peg on the lake and i could see early on who was going to do well with rod wootten on 6 catching well. Bob (des) gullick on 13 having a couple of early fish shallow and Paul elmes on 25 catching on paste, even Ron hardiman on 15 had a couple shallow, the writing was already on the wall I think, to round my match up I had one small carp at 6 mtrs and a few skimmers, one on the short meat line and 4 other small ones down the edges, the only place I could get any indications was to lower my rig down amongst the stick ups, I did lose a couple of foulers in the reeds , even a shallow rig amongst the reeds never worked as it sometimes can , so my 7 carp went 20lb (squeakers) and 10lb of silvers for a 30.5 lb total and absolutely no good today , Ron dumped me out of the k/o as he had 40lb so a bad day all round.
1st was rod wootten on 6 with 117.12 of mainly caught edge fish in his right hand margin n pellet
2nd Paul elmes on 25 87.12
3rd mike nicholls on 22 with 79.4
4th Craig Edmunds on 9 with 79.3
5th bob gullic on 13 with 61.14
6th Adrian jeffery on 33 with 59.11
Silvers. Went to Paul faires on 31 with 25.7
2nd Chris off with 14.3











No comments:

Post a Comment