Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 April 2015

Veals silver league , final round

Before I say about my day , a message from steve long at viaduct fishery, anyone who fished last years spring series at the venue and wants to do so again this year , needs to give steve a ring on 01458 274022 to confirm, likewise if any of you fancy a go this year give him a ring to get your name on the list.
Also a few real pole offers going on in veals at the mo on the following maver poles
Series 1 sx was 450 now down to 295
Series 2 sx was 650 now down to 395
Series 3 sx was 989 now down to 595
Series 4 sx was 1259 now down to 695
Series 5 sx was 1529 now down to 795
Can't see them hanging around for to long.
Back to the fishing and after the gales we had to endure at the weekend it was nice to find nothing but a gentle breeze , into the draw and out comes 19 again , I had it last week when carp counted but it was only a silvers match today , and after really struggleing for silvers last week I didn't really go to the peg with to much confidence, but a week can change a lot of things. I set up a banded pellet rig for 2 lines at 13 mtrs , a caster rig for into the bay on my left and a margin rig for my right as I had a few fish on that last week , at the start I cupped in some hard 4,s at 1 o,clock angle and some soaked micros and 4,s at 11 angle, some caster and corn to my left in the bay and the same into the right hand margin, I also fed some casters at 4 mtrs in front as the left hand rig was the same depth, beginning on a banded 6 mm I never had a bite at the 1 angle so a switch to the 11 angle was called for, and for a few minutes I thought I was going to have a good day as I had a couple of 8oz skimmers then a near 4lb tench, but it was a false dawn as I couldn't buy a bite on a hard pellet, so I changed the hook for an 18 middy 8313 on .12 line and went onto the soft pellet and for a while things went ok with several more skimmers skimmers gracing the net, but judging by the banter it became apparent that the main body of fish seemed to be further up the lake, I did manage a tench on caster at 4 mtrs and a few half  tidy roach and perch from the margins but I was never going to compete with the pegs up the lake a bit , John smith was first on the day with 36.2 off peg 26 , catching on soft pellet or triple maggot over micros in most parts of his peg, all skimmers  and bream,
2nd Barry fitchew on 28 with 33.9
3rd dave bacon on 29 with 32.14
4th dave wride on 32 with 32.9
5th mike nicholls on 15 with 30.01
6th dave Gillard on 10 with 27.14
7th bob price on 24 with 25.11
8th me with 23.10
Considering it was flat calm it fished really well. Well done to dave wride for winning the series, and for for carrying me on his back to win the pairs,
Nice to see the old stager John smith winning the knockout , shame it was at my expense lol,
Off to landsend for an open on Sunday , should be good as the weather seems to be warming up.













No comments:

Post a Comment