Total Pageviews

Monday 13 April 2015

Sunday open , landsend fishery

Back to landsend again this Sunday for a match I had forgotten I had booked till mike rang me weds nite to remind me , it was short notice but we still ended up with 26 again so mike let me spread over match and number 3 lake.
I let Martin lenaghan draw for me after he drew peg one for himself, and he handed me peg 3 which can be a tough peg and not generally one you want to draw on this lake when you have the likes of Shaun Townsend on 18 Alan oram on 19 Tim ford on 11 plus Gordon canning on 5 glen (2pots) bailey on 21 even steve Seager on 22  had to be watched, that was just on this lake and with Anton page, mat tomes, ken Rayner , Tom mangnall on lake three plus other venue regulars, lots of competition, (did I really say mat tomes in that lot).
Back to peg three and as mike had put a foot of water back into the lake I quite fancied it as the far bank has a nice shelf , and as there was I bit of depth over there now (18inches) I expected that to be ok for a few, better still there were some fish on the surface sunbathing or swimming round in small shoals, right up my street. Also the margin to my left can be really good, so rigs today, a stalker/slapper, meat rig for 5 mtrs and down the left hand margin (same depth). A pellet rig for the far side shelf and a hard pellet rig for 6 mtrs to my left and right for silvers just in case all else fails.
At the start I fed all lines with the relevant feed and went out with the stalker , and after 20 minutes I had three carp in the net, then it went strangely quiet in my swim , Gordon on three was now catching well against the island , even Martin on 1 was hooking a few , but even though he hasn't fished a match for a while as he has been asleep in a bivvie for most of the year so far, he doesn't seem to have lost The art of losing fish.
Towards the end of the first hour and only adding two more carp and the surface looking a bit barren I went on the 6 mtr pellet line on 6 mm banded pellet over 4,s, all the time I had been firing some 4,s to the far side and I could see a bit of fish activity against the island so I was confident of getting some from there, the 6 mtr line gave me a perch a skimmer and a 4 lb carp , and with not enough activity to keep me there I binned that and went across to the island on the stalker rig so I could fish against the far bank but off bottom, and I had a few on that, with the sun now putting some heat onto the water , I was now seeing quite a few fish so the next couple of hours was most enjoyable , targeting individual fish as they swam past, it's a style of fishing I enjoy as you aren't just slapping a rig around like a windmill on speed but actually picking out specific fish to target, it's quite satisfying to see a fish , plop the pellet in front of it and watch it suck it in. After a couple of hours of this the sun went in and so did the fish, I looked on the 5 mtr meat line , had a fouler first put in then no bites, down the edge and no action there either, so it was against the island on banded 8mm, I had some more there then towards the end of the match some fish arrived in the margin and I had 4 or 5 fish down there.
By the end I had 35 carp plus a few silvers so I reckoned on 180lb at least, the scales started on 1 and Martin had 88lb, then after several weighs my nets went 209lb exactly for first on the day , and I had been very good as I hadn't gone over the net limits .
2nd was Shaun Shaun Townsend on 18 with 171.10
3rd Anton page 160.14 on peg 50
4th Alan oram 133lb
5th Russ peck on 16 with 121.9
6th Gordon canning peg 5 114lb
Silvers
Paul faires on peg 24 with 30.2 of mainly skimmers
2nd in silvers was Tim ford on peg 11 with 26.1
Off to Avalon on Thursday for a bit of a cost cutter (£16) so give me a ring at veals on 01179260790 on Tuesday or Wednesday to book in or txt me on 07974807941 to book in

















No comments:

Post a Comment