Total Pageviews

Monday 6 April 2015

Sunday landsend fishery open

26 fishing today so mike spread us out over match and number 3 lake , I wasn't to fussy as to which lake I drew as both fished really well last week, so I wasn't disappointed to open up peg 18 , which is on the left hand side of the island gap on the far bank of the match lake. For company I had Shane caswell on 16 and bristols finest roofer bela bakos on 19. Also I could keep an eye on mike duckett on 15 as we had to fish the final of the k/o from the winter league.
It was a nice day and with a few packs of carp floating about the stalker rig was assembled, also a margin meat rig and the same for 5mtrs, also a pellet rig for over against the island.
At the start I fired in some 4,s to the island, some meat down each side margin and at 5 mtrs and threw a handful of pellets tight in to my left against the bank in less than a foot of water. I then started on the stalker rig and had a good start with a fish virtually straight away, and the first two hours went well with me having 18 carp in the net, then it went Pete tong, the main pack of fish seemed to move to my right and settle on peg 20 between bela and rich heatley on 21, with bela doing the best, not even feeding , just slapping a rig around , he went from struggling a bit to catching up my early lead and overtaking me easily, I had a few from my left hand margin rig on pellet, but in such shallow water the fish were very spooky, disappearing from the swim as soon as the pole went over there heads, I also managed a few from the island, but the fish didn't really seem to want to eat over there, by the end I had 26 fish , which looked ok but was a long way behind bela , also trig over on 7 had had a good last couple of hours catching on his short meat line, plus he had caught a lot of good skimmers earlier on on hard pellet down the track, so that was going to be close. I new I had the better of mike so that was 40 quid in the bank from he k/o,
Bela was first on the day with 216.12 which was miles ahead of everyone else, also it was his first ever double ton so well done to him, all taken on the random slapping method , those who know him will have to ask him about that one lol
2nd was me with 146.11 plus I had a crick in my neck from looking to my right.
3rd craig(trig)Edmunds on peg 7 with 143.12
4th rich heatley n 21 with 114.13
5th ken Rayner on 13 with 90.12
6th kev molten on 70 with 75.14
Silvers
Rod wootten on 22 with 54.15 of skimmers on hard 6 mm pellet over a mix of micros and 4,s fished at 5 mtrs









No comments:

Post a Comment