Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 March 2015

Viaduct winter league round 4

Just a quick get well soon to mike nicholls who was taken into hospital with newmoanial the other night , he will soon be out no doubt.
Back to today and into the draw tin and out comes draw sequence 13 which gave us Clint on 125, Clayton on 94 me on 62 , Ron on 46 and Tim on 15. ,some good and bad in that lot, mine was definitely a bad one , and with the wind blowing in and across and some heavy rain forecast for later it was never going to be pleasant. For company I had don Sutherland on 61 and Adrian jeffery on the monk peg 64. So the pound bet was. Struck with don, but I never asked ade as his peg was to good !!!
I set up a wag to fish corn mid lake, a caster rig for over groundbait at 13 mtrs which was as far as I dared to go with the forecast , a meat rig for 2 o,clock angle at 13 mtrs  and a meat rig to go to empty pallet 63, at the start I fed all lines then started on the wag and corn, I had two bites in the first 30 mins endeping up with 2 hybrids for about a pound in the net, the wag was never going to work as the wind was pushing it through to much even with lots f line on the deck so I binned that after 40 mins, out on the caster and small skimmers were pretty obliging but they were small 2 to 4oz mainly, I tried the meat line but only had a perch there , I did try it several times during the match but no good, the 13 mtr caster line was the best, I did manage a couple of better skimmers of about a pound but the rest were mainly small, I had been feeding meat down the edge all match and I did give it a couple of goes but only had one roach, until I grace it one last go for the last 15 mins and lo and behold the float buried and a ax pounder was safely in the net with five mins to go, and then the end was called. My silvers went just over 9lb and the carp just over 6 for 15 1/2 lb for 11 points in the section, our lake was won by steve long on 73 with 107lb followed by dan squires on 66 with 70 odd pounds, the match was won by andy power with a couple more pounds than steve. Off to huntstrete this Thursday for the veals silvers league then back down to viaduct next Sunday for the last winter league, my turn on match lake , let's hope for a decent draw as I havnt really had a good peg in this series so far,

No comments:

Post a Comment