Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 March 2015

Veals silvers league , penultimate round

Back on bridge pool at huntstrete again for this league which is drawing to a close with one round left after this one, it has been well attended with between 26&28 turning up for every round, the credit for that must go to mike jones for running a good affair .
Into the draw bag and out comes 26, it was a peg I didn't really want , not because it's a bad one as it isn't , it's just being left handed it makes shipping in and out awkward as it's on a point with 27 and it meant me and mike keys who was next to me would have to go up and under each other , but it all worked out ok even if the pegs did end up looking like a car crash in a scaffold yard, mainly due to me as I really am an untidy angler with kit strewn everywhere, but we sorted it , I went high and mike being shorter (lol) went low.
Only two rigs again today , a .6g rig for caster short at 5 mtrs and also as it was the same depth within 4 inches it was going to be ok for both lines, but the longer line was for soft pellet over micros with a bit of groundbait, the other rig was .5g for 14 mtrs to my left up the island slope with caster , as it was really productive on the last round , ok so it was another peg but I thought it may go the same way,
I will say now that it wasn't !!!, I tried it several times but it only produced plippy roach , so no more about that then.
At the start I cupped in a ball of  groundbait and caster at 5 mtrs , some micros and g bait in a couple of  spots at 14 mtrs and the wasted casters on the island slope. Starting at 5 mtrs with a single caster I had a 2lb skimmer first drop, nice start. 15 mins later I had one of just under a pound, but that was it for now on the short line, so it was out to 14 mtrs, after a few more small skimmers I had another 2lb fish , I could see odd people catching , mike nicholls on 21 had a good start as did dave wride on 19, but apart from odd big fish no one was setting the world alight, I had another interesting match catching odd skimmers from the three lines I had fed with micros and or groundbait, I had one tench about halfway through at 14 mtrs on soft pellet, John smith who was in my section also started catching bream halfway through so with dave wride still catching, I was always going to be up against it to be better than third in the section, by the end I thought I had about 15 lb which was way out as I ended up with 24.05 and third in the section behind dave and John.
1st on the day was dave wride with 43.10 off peg 19. All skimmers on soft pellet
2nd dave bacon on peg 1 with 26.6
3rd dave Gillard on 32 with 26lb
4th John smith on 18 with 25.12
5th me with 24.5
6th ray bazeley peg 14 18.2













1 comment: