Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 March 2015

Avalon teams of three

Guesting today for vic bush,s Mosella team as Pete wild couldn't make it , but according to vic and Tom mangnall they hadn't noticed him being there for the previous 5 rounds(ha ha ).
I did the team draw and found myself on 18 , a good silvers peg witht he option of an end of an island to my left if I wanted, but I decided against it and opted for a pole only day, so three rig assembled, a .7 pencil for maggot over groundbait at 13 mtrs for the skimmers, a.6 slim float for hard pellet at 16 mtrs and a .3 slim to fish down to the empty pallet to my left again with hard pellet.
At the start I cupped in a ball of groundbait at 6 mtrs , just to start on , 3 balls at 13 mtrs and some hard 4mm pellet at 16 mtrs and down to the empty pallet, starting at 6 mtrs on single maggot I had three bites in the first 30 mins  which resulted in one small roach , a small hybrid and a lost small skimmer , so it was out to 13 mtrs where I had a couple of better skimmers on double maggot, by now Jamie (sedges) Cooke on 20 was catching well on hair rigged pellet. Fished in conjunction with a small feeder cast into the small gap in the island in front of him. It's normally a good peg but this was the first time it has really produced for a while , the fished seemed to want to be in the shallower water today, and there is a nice shelf to drop a feeder or lead onto in this swim.
Back in my. Swim and I decided to just keep plugging away on the pole for skimmers , it wasn't really busy as it turned out to be a bit of a waiting game for bites, but when you did get one it was a positive one , I was fishing with a double bulk with a couple of number 10,s just off the deck, so nearly all the bites were nice lifters, most of the fish came from. The 13 mtr groundbait line on boulders maggot, the 16 mtr hard pellet line produced a few fish but again maggot over the pellets were the best ,I did lose a carp and two good skimmers on hard banded pellet which I was sure was going to cost me at the end, but by swapping between the two lines and feeding both regularly I had odd bites all through, I did manage one small carp down the edge on pellet and my last fish was a 5 lb carp hooked fair and square in the eye, so I reckoned I had 35lb ish at the end, as it turned out I wasn't to far out as my skimmers went 28lb and my two carp went 6.5, so I was second in my section , but I did win the silvers, so day paid for .
1st on the day was Jamie next to me with 78.9
2nd Eric fouracres on 44 with 51.7
3rd Pete tanner on 23 with 39lb
4th kieth clapp on 37 with 37.6
5th steve fouracres on 13 with 36.14
6th was me with 34.5. Those lost fish cost me 3rd
I will be running a Thursday cost cutter here on 16 April, anyone fancy it ring on my mobile on 07974807941 or at veals on weds/Friday or Saturday to book in

.














No comments:

Post a Comment