Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 February 2015

Viaduct winter league round 3

It was my turn on scary lake today and all I had to do do was really avoid avoid the peg of death which is 82 in the corner , it can produce a few fish at times but it isn't consistent as you are cut off with no where to go.
So into the draw tin and out comes 13 draw , which put Clayton on 116, ME ON 82, (aaaaagh), Ron on 53, Tim on 25 and Clint on 8, so some good pegs but nothing but piss taking for me.
I took a steady push to my peg as I wasn't in to much of a hurry, I had fishery owner steve long on 85 and Chris fox on 86, neither of which were to accommodating when I enquired as to whether I could share there swims. So I never set up a lead rod today, the wag rod was put up to fish corn at about 30 mtrs, and caster a bit shorter at 20 mtrs, and a couple of pole rigs to fish caster each side , down to the monk to my right and down under a tree to my left.
At the start I cupped some casters each. Side then chucked the wag out. Most people started on the tip , but there wasn't to much early action going on, it was 50 minutes before I connected with a fish, after missing a couple "bites" and it turned out to be a 15 lb mirror, hooked fair and square in the pectoral fin, nice ! They all count, so that set me up for the day really, I spent most of the match fishing corn on the wag, I had three skimmers before I connected with another carp, but this one turned out to be hooked in the mouth, but getting it into the net this one was probably closer to 20lb, that was the last of. The carp action for me , I did get a few perch under the tree to my left and another late skimmer on the wag, but it was a hard day on our lake, not to many carp , five was about the best and that was steve denmead on 78, the scales got to steve and he had just over 60lb, when they got to me I had 9.5 of silvers and my 2 carp went 34lb, proper ones , which surprisingly was enough for second on the lake, Steve on 85 had 41,15 and chris had 41,4.
I didn't wait for the results but I'm. Sure mIke nicholls will have the weigh sheets on his blog. The match was won on 132 with about 115 lb caught mainly down his right hand margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment