Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 February 2015

Viaduct winter league round 2

The day started of  well with an interesting conversation with Jason Radford, Ron and me were discussing OCD when we picked Jason up, Jason informed us that there used to be a women lived around the corner from him that would count the stones on the pavement outside her house , he concluded that she never had OCD but she may have had something else wrong with her, no shit Sherlock .
Off to the pub for an all you can eat for a fiver brekkie , and very good it was too.
Into the draw and I pull number 12 sequence which put us on 125, me, 90 Ron hardiman, 61 Tim Clark, 37 Clint wojtyla and Clayton Hudson on 13, not the best of draws, the maver team which drew it last time ended up last on the day(mint),
For company I had chris fox on 124 and the win canton kick boxing champion John gray on 126.
I set a float and a lead rod , corn and maggot n the wag and bread to start on the lead, and for the pole it was the old favourite .4g pencil float with an 18 middy 6313 on ,10,
At the start I cupped in 3 balls of g bait at 14 mtrs fed a few casters at 4 mtr and began on corn on the wag, 15 mins and no bites, dean Stacey over on 116 had two carp n the lead by now , so I had a quick go on double mag and saved the blank with a small roach, dean seemed to be getting a few liners as was Adrian jeffery on 115, so it was out with the lead with bread on the hair, I had a few liners and on the hour I had a proper bite which resulted in a 12 lb mirror, I expected a few more bites but it never happened , in fact I never had another nudge on the lead for the rest of the match, dean had a few more but it was clear the main shoal had shifted down the lake slightly as Adrian was now getting lots of indications , he was fouling a few as well as landing some , I tried the pole line at 4 mtrs and had one small roach, s it was out to 14 mtrs , first put in and I lost what felt like a good skimmer,
The rest of the match was spent at 14 mtrs getting a few hand size skimmers John to my right had a couple on the lead before they shifted , as Lewis greenwood on 127 had a decent second half of the match ending up with11 carp I think, but glyn Reynolds on 128 only had a foulhooked 2 1/2 perch till the last hour when the shoal encroached into his swim and he had a three carp late on, the pegs at the other end of the lake which had been fishing really well were fishing hard with no carp stemming to be there at all, our lake was won by Gary oshea on 119 with 120lb plus dobbing bread against the end bank, that was also enough for second on the day as nick (the liar) Ewers on 86 with 140lb , he was admitting after the match that his 12 small carp would be lucky to go 90lb, nick how do you sleep at night LOL.. I didn't wait for the results but I expect the ever reliable mike nicholls will have pictures of the weigh sheets on his blog, I think Ron hardiman was third with 70lb on 90 and the silvers went to our very own Clint wojtyla on 37 on middle lake with nearly 18lb, Clayton was our worst points scorer today with one roach off peg 13 which was the same result as don Sutherland a fortnight before, I,m beginning to realise Clayton is by far the worse serial shit drawer I have ever seen, but he keeps going so it will change for him, won't it,
As for this week it's off to huntstrete this Thursday for the second round of a silvers league , but looking at the weather forecast it looks as though we may need the ice breakers, then it's off to landsend next Sunday for another league and it's my turn to be on lake 3.













No comments:

Post a Comment