Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 February 2015

Veals silvers league round 3

Back to huntstrete again for this one again, 27 of us on bridge pool, I didn't really mind to much where I drew , but I would like to avoid 25/23&22 as they are all set back in bays , ok if it's a carp match but with it being a silvers only affair they are best avoided.
Into the draw bag and out comes 25 ,shit. For company on 24 I had bristols finest top set thrasher dave Haines and on 26 was bristol legend bob "the bread" price, neither angler is renowned for there long pole fishing so I decided to fish two lines , one at 5 mtrs and one at 14 which was beyond the anglers each side as far as pole fishing goes, but bob did have his favoured lead rod assembled , at the start I cupped in one ball at 5 mtrs with a few casters in and three balls at 14 mtrs with some soaked micros and no casters, I felt I may have overdone the caster last time as small roach were a real problem, starting at 5 mtrs I had a small roach first drop and that was it I couldn't get a bite there, so it was out on the long line, by now ray bazeley and dave wride on the carpark bank were catching skimmers and bream and ray had caught a 6lb tench as his first fish, so I had to try and catch bream to do any good, dave on my right was catching plippy roach but I didn't see any point in doing that , and when Paul barnfield round on 21 had a couple of bream it confirmed what I had to do, but it never happened, the small roach that proved a real nuisance last time were noticeable by there absence, I had to sit and watch ray on the end bank catching, and judging by the bank side banter dave wride was still catching, I ended up with 4.12 which was made up mainly by 10 small skimmers, dave to my right had fished hard for the whole match to put the same weight as me on the scales of roach fry, bob on my left had 10oz, I didn't wait for the results as it had rained all day and I had just about had enough !!!!!!. Dave wride won with 46lb and I think ray next to him was 2nd with 29lb I don't know what was next as I was driving out of the carpark and they were still weighing, but mike nicholls will post the weigh sheets on his blog.
Off  to landsend Sunday for match number 4 in the winter league and it's a random draw again for this one , fingers crossed for a good draw then, and next Thursday it's back down to emerald , so anyone fancying it ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in






No comments:

Post a Comment