Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 February 2015

Veals silverfish league , bridge pool , huntstrete fishery

28 booked in for this league , but a few couldn't make it due to sickness, bad backs and unable to get there sorry ass out of bed (Barry). With it being an 8.30 draw it didn't leave to much time for a brekkie, so it was a sausage and bacon baguette from my local cafe , it filled a gap. Off to the fishery in plenty of time for the draw, mike jones read out all the rules etc then it was into the draw bag , out comes 30 which was next to the peg I practiced in on Tuesday , the ice today was probably a couple of mil thicker today so it took a bit more effort to clear it to 13 mtrs , for company I was next to John barker on 29 and organiser mike jones on 31 and beyond him was ade Crawley on end peg 32,
I decided to fish he same as Tuesday except that I would put groundbait at 7 mtrs instead of just some caster , I also fed a ball at 13 mtrs as per the other day as it seemed to work.
Rig was identical to Tuesday and one rig would do both lines as it's the same depth again,
It took a while to get a bite , and that was from a small roach, our bank started slow but over on the road bank there were some skimmers being caught , we were well into the match before ade caught the first decent bream on our side, and not long after that I had one about 4lb, mike in between us was struggling even to catch small roach, but they were proving a real nuisance for me, I did get some small skimmers but couldn't latch onto any real quality, ade had a couple more tidy skimmers, then out of the blue mike began getting some big fish he had 4 good bream and a near 6 lb tench to well and truly see me off, I did have a few better skimmers but not the good bream I needed to catch up with mike and ade,
Mike weighed 25.7 for a comfortable win
2nd was ade Crawley with 17.4
3rd was me with 15.7
4th bob (the bread) price with 14.11 on peg 13
5th Pete greenslade on 7 and G sage on 12 both with 12.13
Considering the ice and freezing temps it fished well, hopefully in a fortnight the ice will have gone and we can all fish properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment