Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Tuesday pleasure session, huntstrete , bridge pool

I don't normally like pleasure/practice sessions as it can paint a rosy picture of a venue which will fish totally different under match conditions, so as it was a bit frosty and I expected it to have a lid on it I didn't hurry to get there. I stopped off at the maesknoll Toby in in whitchurch for an all you can eat brekkie for 3.99. And very nice it was to, it's the first time I have had a Yorkshire pudding for breakfast, but it did have bacon and onion baked into it, different but very tasy especially when I filled t up with baked beans.
Getting to the fishery there was a lid not but a quick prid with a stick revealed it was about half an inch, so breakable . As. Was wandering about Charlie Barnes and his Irish shadow Harry muire turned up so that was going to be an end to a quiet day, there were already three anglers fishing towards the top end on 3/4 and 31 so I loaded the trolley and went round to 29. I chose that peg as Chris Rolf had fished it last week and managed double figures so I reasoned there must be some fish about the area, it took about 15to 20 mins to clear a nice swim out to 13 mtrs.
One rig today a .7g pencil float with the best silvers hook on the end , an 18 middy 6313 on ,10 line. A quick plumb up revealed the lake slope leveled out at about 7  mtrs so that would be a good starting spot, and it was the same depth at 13, dead handy one rig does all. I guppies in a few casters and maggots at 7 mtrs each side of my ice channel about 6 foot apart and potted a ball of g bait at 13 mtrs against the ice, I started at 7 mtrs on the right and had a roach after 15 mins , I swapped to the left side and had a 2 lb skimmer after a couple of minutes, but apart from a couple of small roach during the session those lines didn't seem to to good, I shipped out to 13 mtrs over the g bait and had two skimmers in the first two drops, and from then on it was a nice session with fair numbers of skimmers with a couple of bream up to 3lb , I ended the session with 15 lb ish , so a good day considering the ice. And it wasn't just me catching the angler to my left on 31 also had several skimmers as did the anglers on 3&4, Charlie had a couple of skimmers and an unseasonal 4lb tench along with small roach which everyone seemed to be catching. I even had a carp of about 9lb.
There is supposed to be a silvers match on here on Thursday , but with the ice still going to be a problem, and I suspect quite a few of the anglers not being prepared to break ice it may be cancelled, we will have to wait and see, no doubt mike jones the organiser will let us know on Wednesday .
If not it may be a bit of a knock up on there with the anglers with enough iron to crack through the lid, or I may just do another pleasure session, but this time I will sit on the sunny side as I did have a bit of a problem with cat ice forming in my peg.







No comments:

Post a Comment