Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 January 2015

Thursday veals open, emerald pool fishery

Mike jones was running this one on sapphire pool today , which is the shallowest lake on the complex , but has bigger carp in than ruby and the roach are of a better stamp, mike got the draw under way at 8.45 and I took a ticket off rich Coles as he pulled two out stuck together, he did warn me as I opened it to reveal peg 2, and he had peg 3, the other side of me on peg 1 was mike keys, which was a bit f an end peg as the swims to his left were left out as the Reeds were a bit thick and all were right parrot cages where it was all but impossible to lift a topkit up. Only 3 rigs to put together today , a roach rig for caster at 4/5 mtrs , a banded pellet rig for the far side against the island at 11 mtrs, which was still about a mtr off the island due to the collapsed foliage coming off the island , and I had bought a couple of slices of bread  a bit of dobbing, but  with all the underwater snags I didn't holed out much hope of it working,
Now as far this blog is going to go I haven't got to much to say, I started on the short caster line as did  mike to my left , the only difference was he was getting a bite a chuck whereas me and richard sat biteless virtually, I had a couple of roach but the swim never got going in any shape or form, odd roach from here and there , three carp off the island , two on pellet and one on bread . While all the time mike was catching well, roach at 4 mtrs then towards the end carp, all falling to maggot over maggot, richard to my right kept plugging away on the roach but didn't really do much as they kept coming and going, all the fish seemed happy to sit in front of anglers with a bit of room, mike key ended up with 51.3 which was 17.7 of roach and 33.12 of carp which I thought would bee nought o win, but mike west had other ideas , he was on the island and ended up with 55.4 to win
3rd was the gimp with 39.15
4th gabe skarba with 34.10
5th Adrian jeffery 28.6
6th Pete turner 13.13
So I was well and truly chip shopped sausaged as I ended up with 11lb and rich Coles on a 3. Had 11.11, roll on next Thursday as we are back down there again but on ruby , which at this time of year is the better lake as there aren't the big reed beds for the fish to hide in.






No comments:

Post a Comment