Total Pageviews

Monday 12 January 2015

Landsend loyalty match

Only 14 of us fished this one so mike put 7 on speci and the same on match, so into the draw and out comes two tickets stuck together, I should take a leaf out of mike nicholls book and chuck them back in and find a loner ticket without a parasite stuck to it, but no I offer one to mike duckett which turns out to 33, possibly the best all year round peg on the lake , and I open 39, not a god peg any more at any time of the year, so off to the peg but not feeling to confident, there were a few fish at this end the day before , but I had my doubts as to whether the would still be in attendance today. I drew the same peg last time I was on here a few weeks before in the landsend league and dipped out , I did catch some silvers so I half made my mind up to fish solely for them today, but due to the fact the carp fed the day before I kind of talked myself out of it. I haven't got to much to say about the match really, I did get one carp of about 7lb on soft pellet , a couple of f1,s and a skimmer on hard pellet by the island and some roach, who were proving to be a nuisance, I did lose a couple of foulers on the island but it was generally hard, so not to much to report as I weighed 15.12 for no good at all , as expected the fish were caught as normal on 31/32/33/34. Apart from ken Rayner opposite who did well to win the silvers with 13lb, he caught most of his perch if not all on prawn over caster, he also managed a carp on it aswell, I went round to have a look and he seemed to be feeding a few chopped prawns on a bed of finely chopped iceberg lettuce with a bit of thousand island dressing drizzled over the top, even it fancied it, I was duly beaten by a surf and turf angler, top on the day was steve Seager on 32 with 98lb and second went to trigger on 24 with 89lb, 3rd was mr duckett on the peg he stole from me 33, with 50 something pounds , followed by his son nick on 11. With a slightly smaller 50lb, so well done to all of them, I,m off. The emerald on Thursday for a mike jones match, but looking at the weather forecast I,m not sure if that's going to be a good idea, ye right I,ll be there I,m looking forward to it already, and next Sunday it's the first of the viaduct winter league matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment