Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Wes silver match, viaduct, Cary lake

There were 8 names for today which is still crap numbers , oh well when I start work in veals on the second of jean that will all change as I will be working Wednesdays so it will be costcutter on a tues or weds, not ideal if you are looking to cover costs but at least they are 30 peggers in the summer and normally 15 plus in the winter, oh well.
Back to today and with a weather bomb forecast I fancied a peg with the wind off my back, 77/78/81 but it wasn't to be as I pulled 100 , at least it was the end peg on this bank, for company I was next to mr Preston southwest mark harper on 98, the peg has had a bit of waggler form lately so I set a 3aaa affair up to fish caster at about 20 mtrs, one pole rig , a .4g rig for the pole at 11 and 14 mtrs, weather bomb permitting, I never set up a light rig which possibly turned out to be a mistake, at the start after feeding 3 balls of groundbait on both pole lines and loose feeding some casters at 5 mtrs I began on the wag with caster, but after 40 mins small roach were being a nuisance, and it seemed the same problem for everyone on the wag, Gary webber over on 78 was on the feeder and had taken a good skimmer and a perch, I went onto the 11 mtr line and the roach were still present there aswell, I gave that an hour but only roach graced the net, plenty of bites but not the required skimmers that are needed to win, out on the 14 mtr line it was the same, 2 1/2 hours in and going nowhere I decided on do or die, so I put in two big balls in at 11 mtrs and 4 proper cup fillers at 14. I gave it 15 mins to settle and had a go at 5 mtrs , a few roach and perch later I went back out to 11 mtrs, after a couple of roach (urgh) I had a pound plus skimmer , I expected a couple more off that line but it was back to roach, and not another skimmer from there for the rest of the match, even though I did give it regular goes, I went out to 14 mtrs and never had a roach bite , which i liked , and I was soon netting a skimmer, I had three on the bounce, to which mark observed that it must be solid, as normal this was the kiss of death, I lost one and it went quiet, so I cupped in anothe ball and had some more skimmers , but an hour from the end my swim totally dried, only the very occasional roach obliged, whereas mark had a reasonable last hour netting 5 good skimmers on a very light rig just dropping it through the groundbait line, I should have set one up but for most of the match I was glad I never as the roach would have loved it, but it may have cost me , but then again the four skimmers I pulled out of  were more to blame , first n the day was mark on 98 with 25lb, I was second with 21lb , Gary webber on 78 had 18lb, andy power on 96 had 15lb followed steve kedge on 87 with 14lb,
Back down to viaduct for the last round of the silvers league , I need a section win really so a good draw is necessary , same peg would peg nice lol, please.
Next weds back down to landsend for a match so let me know if you are interested .








1 comment:

  1. Good news that your back in jan at veals look foward to seeing your ugly mug lol.

    ReplyDelete